Double Din 3d copies

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Its a little odd that a thread got shut down this week for someone wanting to copy mapping software, loads of people posted abuse about stealing.

Now someone wants to copy a physical part and everyone's on board!

James

Hi snapjim, please understand I'm not in any way trying to steal, I'm simply testing the water on 3d printing, as this specific past is very hard to come-by, Seat are charging a fortune for this.
I'm getting the impression that you think I'm committing theft! This is NOT true, everything I'm doing is above board, I've contacted Seat on consent explaining in very high detail on what I would like to achieve, if Seat reply with a "NO then I will completely accept the verdict and inform all that's interested along with the administrators of SCN to Delete this thread. Kindest Regards, Liam.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Hi snapjim, please understand I'm not in any way trying to steal, I'm simply testing the water on 3d printing, as this specific past is very hard to come-by, Seat are charging a fortune for this.
I'm getting the impression that you think I'm committing theft! This is NOT true, everything I'm doing is above board, I've contacted Seat on consent explaining in very high detail on what I would like to achieve, if Seat reply with a "NO then I will completely accept the verdict and inform all that's interested along with the administrators of SCN to Delete this thread. Kindest Regards, Liam.

Here Here :bleh:

snapjim

I'm not bothered either way. Just don't like double (dins) standards!

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
I really like the double Dins, would like to put in the mk4 golf plate for 3 gauges and a normal single din head unit

Mine came with sat nav built in thats why I have got it its a good system. The gauges do look good in the glasses holder bit if you have single din though.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Idea and discussion over :)

Quotation
3D copy print
Hi, thanks for your enquiry. This quote is for 3D scanning and printing only. Every feature will be captured by the scan.The subject would need to be sprayed with a preparatory paint prior to printing.
The cost of producing a 3D CAD file form your 2D data/sample then printing for this one item is approx. £750.00.

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
Idea and discussion over :)

Quotation
3D copy print
Hi, thanks for your enquiry. This quote is for 3D scanning and printing only. Every feature will be captured by the scan.The subject would need to be sprayed with a preparatory paint prior to printing.
The cost of producing a 3D CAD file form your 2D data/sample then printing for this one item is approx. £750.00.

Bit steep

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Bit steep lmaf! Yep just the one unit, £750. You can buy a 3d printer for that! Just a quick thanks all for your time on replying, And thanks in advance on all your dissing lol. Cheers. Liam.

R1TCH1E

Apr 1, 2013
Worcester
Holy fook bargain there having a laugh aint they. I take it you have all ordered one lol.

Im going to order 3. Ill keep 2 for spare as there so cheap haha.
Thinks ill skip all my future mods and just buy this. ummmm full 3" exhaust or double din. Decisions decisions lol

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, Yeah still a little gutted mate, cheers for the words :smile:

I don't understand why certain people were being assholes about the fact that you were going out of your way to see if there was another way for Forum members to get a Double Din unit, that would be a cheaper alternative to buying O.E.

Sometimes forums and keyboard warriors really baffle me:shrug:

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
I don't understand why certain people were being assholes about the fact that you were going out of your way to see if there was another way for Forum members to get a Double Din unit, that would be a cheaper alternative to buying O.E.

Sometimes forums and keyboard warriors really baffle me:shrug:

Def lots of keyboard warriors on forums mate although this one has alot less than most

stupot_1982

Oct 26, 2012
Bit steep lmaf! Yep just the one unit, £750. You can buy a 3d printer for that! Just a quick thanks all for your time on replying, And thanks in advance on all your dissing lol. Cheers. Liam.

I would be very tempted to get other quotes mate, there are others that do this. Especially if you could end up having a quite a few made going off the interest on here.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.