iPod connectivity?

iajb

Feb 14, 2014
First post here wanted to ask a quick question.

Had my leon for just over a week now (first car) and now I want to hook my iPod/iPhone up. In the glove box there is no CD changer, however on the head unit there is a CD6 button and the manual suggests it did have one as new so I'm guessing its been removed and replaced with an insert.

Read up a bit on here and looks like a connects2 device is a possibility rather than changing the head unit as I like the stock one. I'm a bit confused as to how they work though, especially as I can't get to the wiring in the glove box as I don't have a torx set atm.

It looks as if the connects2 interface plugs into the CD changer input, then its just AUX to iPod...is that it or will I need to take the head unit out? Will I need to route any cables?

If there's an easier/cheaper or better way to get iPod connectivity let me know! Cheers

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Get a new head unit. I have seen end of line Pioneers for under £50. If you spend a bit more you get double usb so you can charge a device/power your dash-cam, use your ipod/mp3 player at the same time and you get bluetooth for your phone so you have hands free calls.

iajb

Feb 14, 2014
Thanks for replies.

How can I tell if my stereo is pre wired for the 6 CD changer or not? It has a single CD slot on the head unit. Sorry if thats a dumb question just don't want to buy the wrong connects2 model.

Cheers

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
The 6CD was an optional extra, if you have the Aura head unit then it has the extra socket in the rear for either a CD changer or as said above the Connects2 cable

iajb

Feb 14, 2014
The 6CD was an optional extra, if you have the Aura head unit then it has the extra socket in the rear for either a CD changer or as said above the Connects2 cable

Late reply but just hadn't got round to it. This is the back of my HU (cant embed pics or urls yet):

//imgur.com/X2O8T0N

Am I correct in thinking mine is non pre-wired for CD changer and therefore this is the correct adapter and blue ISO will plug straight into the free space at the back of HU?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-AUX-adapter-lead-Ibiza-Leon-Toledo-3-5mm-jack-input-car-iPod-MP3-CTVSTX002-/331138932278?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4d196b1e36

Cheers feel a bit dumb not knowing simple stuff but want to make sure as everyone who sells connects2 dont seem to offer full refunds..