Where is the cat placed?

Naveus

Hi! I've bought an Ibiza Cupra 2 16v Gti (ABF) and it has now come to my attention that I don't have a standard exhaust manifold but instead a stainless one. Looks like a 4-2-1 type (can't see the whole thing though)

Now to my question, the car sounds a bit much. Not a deep tone but a high pitch rally sound when reved!
And because I'm a noob when it comes to Seat I now wonder where the cat is placed, thinking that the previous owner maybe removed it?

I have an backmuffler, then a straight pipe from the back and to the middle of the car, there I have a relatively "long" and and not so "thick" thing, with rounded endings like a rugby ball. This is fitted with heat shields under and over it. (Can't seem to find the Lamda on it though). :think: After that I can't see more of the exhaust system in the front of the car because of the front axle. Except in the engine bay ofc :)

Can someone PLEASE post some pictures of their standard/slightly modified exhaust systems WITH CAT from under the car so I can see how it should look like? :help:
In my country it's illegal to drive a car newer than -89 without a cat!

Cheers / The Swede (new here on Seatcupra.net)

Naveus

sounds like you have no cat
its usually mounted in the downpipe

Thought that only was the case on newer models or smaller enginess, can't seem to get across a decent picture of a OEM exhaust neither..
But if that's the case, where should I mount an aftermarket cat? As near the engine I can get it?
Can I upload pictures to my thread as a newbie?

Thanks for the reply!