• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Adjusting brightness of climate control through VAS? Tapping into CANBUS?

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Is it possible to increase the brightness of the climate control unit?

I have fitted a facelift climatronic unit to a
PFL Leon and it is certainly not illuminating as bright as it should. I'm guessing it's a CANBUS issue maybe?

Anyone know if this can be adjusted through VAS or VAGCOM?

Thanks

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Nope. This is on full. The dials and headunit are fine, just the climate is faint

Shabobchik

Dec 1, 2012
Just noticed mine doing this also. Ive just been using a scanner on it to sort a coil issue but didnt touch anything i shouldnt. Did u get it sorted?

Shabobchik

Dec 1, 2012
Been searching the net and nothing popping up at all. My dash lights are brighter but dont seem to change with their switch either. Is it possible a loose cable or would that just stop it completely?

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Also for the Pre-Facelift, is there a way to sync them up?

What I'm saying is I have to do one at a time, I can't get them to increase/decrease together...

Press and hold AUTO for a few seconds, then you'll have single zone. Adjusting the passenger side temperature changes back to dual zone.

Shabobchik

Dec 1, 2012
UPDATE:driving home tonight (in the dark) i noticed the climate units buttons flash. I forgot they actuall lit up. They kept flashing on and off with speed bumps etc.. come to conclussion theres a cable loose and i must have knocked it out when i moved the stereo last week. Stange how it goes dim and not off completey.

Tweaky

Is it possible to increase the brightness of the climate control unit?

I have fitted a facelift climatronic unit to a
PFL Leon and it is certainly not illuminating as bright as it should. I'm guessing it's a CANBUS issue maybe?

Anyone know if this can be adjusted through VAS or VAGCOM?

Thanks

When upgrading to FL climatronic, has anyone improved the brightness of the unit, as yooni7 was saying.

Just tested it out on mine before doing the upgrade and it's not as bright. All works ok when the main lights are on.

Cheers