VW RNS Bootlogo (HELP)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Hi, seen a few threads on "How to" change the boot logo on the VW RNS510.
Wont seem to work for me - took pictures to show what happens:

So when I download the ISO file from the internet it saves here:
ScreenShot2013-05-16at104342_zpsed7f7f62.png

Already tried burning that straight onto a disk without opening but had no luck.

When you double click it it creats a file on the desk top:
ScreenShot2013-05-16at104415_zpsf746a5fd.png

Tried burning it also, no luck.

When you open up the file to see whats inside:
ScreenShot2013-05-16at104429_zps4a8e3ba2.png

Tried a few different logos just incase one genuinely didnt work but had no luck with any of them.. Each time I do the logo update on the RNS I get this:

Normal bit:
IMG_7446_zps3a78b724.png

Then this bit pops up (Doesnt prompt me to hit anything just goes straight to this):
IMG_7445_zps98e848c8.png

Someone please help :(

Dan_FR_21

Aug 10, 2012
Wiltshire, UK
I'm just using my mac so right click then burn to disk

That will be your problem. you are burning the ISO as a file. you need to burn the ISO image. I'm not a MAC person but I believe MAC have a built in ISO burner called "Disk Utility". your best bet is google "mac os burn iso" and get a how to guide.

let me know how you get on. Also what boot image did you choose?

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
That will be your problem. you are burning the ISO as a file. you need to burn the ISO image. I'm not a MAC person but I believe MAC have a built in ISO burner called "Disk Utility". your best bet is google "mac os burn iso" and get a how to guide.

let me know how you get on. Also what boot image did you choose?

The thing you download is a file anyway, you can't just burn an image because there isn't one there - see the pictures above. Perhaps I get Nero burner and just burn the downloaded file without opening it. First one I went for was the normal seat one but looked like it was cracked :)

Dan_FR_21

Aug 10, 2012
Wiltshire, UK
The thing you download is a file anyway, you can't just burn an image because there isn't one there - see the pictures above. Perhaps I get Nero burner and just burn the downloaded file without opening it. First one I went for was the normal seat one but looked like it was cracked :)

Nice choice.

Sorry you misunderstood the word image, my fault. Image in computer speak is an exact copy of a physical disk. You are burning the ISO as a file. You need to convert the ISO back into a physical disk format. Think of it as burning a music CD and a MP3 CD.

Dan_FR_21

Aug 10, 2012
Wiltshire, UK
I think you can use either. The space it takes up on a disk is tiny and can easily fit on a CD. Saying that I used a DVD when I did mine just because I only had blank DVDs.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
I think you can use either. The space it takes up on a disk is tiny and can easily fit on a CD. Saying that I used a DVD when I did mine just because I only had blank DVDs.

Well tried all that, pretty sure it's broken now. Put the DVD in to do the logo update and it turned white and now won't do anything. F*ck.

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
I do all mine on blank DVD's it works just fine. If you cannot get the unit to do anything disconnect the battery for 10min and start again.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
As said you need to use an ISO burner, also burn at the slowest possible speed

I did use an ISO burner and burnt at the slowest speed. Just took the unit out and pluged it back in. Still doing the same thing, from what ive read online its broke. Cant do a software update either as the cd thats inside wont come out. All im getting is a black white screen and nothings working except the lights, no radio, aux, cd ect