• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Do i have 4 or 2 pot brake calipers? [mk1 LCR front Brembo]

Rgm racer

Sep 22, 2009
When people talk of number of pots in calipers i'm guessing this refers to number of pistons?

But is it number of pistons per side of each caliper they are talking about or total number of piston both sides of each caliper?

I have standard front Brembo's on a mk1 LCR, this has two pistons in each side of each caliper so are these what they call 4 pot or just 2 pot??

Mar 7, 2011
Plymouth
When people talk of number of pots in calipers i'm guessing this refers to number of pistons?

But is it number of pistons per side of each caliper they are talking about or total number of piston both sides of each caliper?

I have standard front Brembo's on a mk1 LCR, this has two pistons in each side of each caliper so are these what they call 4 pot or just 2 pot??

That is a question I always wondered about. I can confirm that 2 pistons on each side makes it a 4 pot caliper.

3 pistons on each side makes it a 6 pot caliper etc.

Hope this helps.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.