OEM cat back on REVO Stage 2 + CUPRA

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Having some issues with my REVO stage 2+ CUPRA.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3854083

Questioning is if the OEM cat back exhaust could be the main issue, resonator is removed so flow should be pretty good. Looking at the logs from above link you can notice that exhaust temps get to high at occasions.
I am running 3" DP and decat so the first part of hot exhausts travel in the DP should take care of any flow restrictions. Later on when reaching the catback the heat is lowered and the needed exhaust area should be lower, right? When exhausts are hot they expand and the other way when cooled down.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Poverty

But it's only a insert! And others are running much stiffer mounts. I'd be more inclined to check over the knock sensors!

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
As you will not get a fault code maybe other running stiffer mounts will not notice this issue as i have. Knock sensors work fine without the insert so they should be good. Notice that the engine side mounts seem to not cause this issue.

Interesting read about dogbones from another forum:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f95/introducing-psi-fi-dogbone-motormounts-23296/#post314547

But surely it is interesting why not others have noticed this issue, how many of you here are running dogbone inserts? Anyone noticed knocks due to it as i have?

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Well, i was wrong. Reason to why i got good readings after removing the engine mount insert was because i at the same time did some electric work and pulled the battery. With the battery pulled of i got a reset of adaptations. I recreated the issue again today, throttle reset and then first wot logging gives me great numbers, second pull and all after are crappy again.
Why is that so? I understand that the car adapts to whatever is wrong but should that not be on the fly so my first pull is corrected immediately.

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Yes, car is still mapped. But i have the same issues in the REVO stock mode, could it be the REVO Software that is playing me the trick?

Issues i have are high knock reaching to up above 6 on each cylinder, high EGT and rich AFR.
This only happens when car is under WOT, all values are good otherwise when driving normally.

I have changed spark plugs recently to see if that would change things but no differences.
Next i am planning to change my coilpacks and MAF . After wise i am thinking of doing my lambda and leak boost pressure test. Upgraded the cat back to a 3" sport jetex system so now all my hardware is according to the Revo requirements for the stage 2+

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
I have thought about the injectors, but as my issue are on all cylinders i think it is not the issue . But never know, if nothing else will solve the issue i will go about changing the injectors. Sadly they are hard to change, otherwise i would try to change to see the difference.
Anyway of logging injectors with vcds?

Poverty

Unplug the MAF and see how it runs then. I can't see it being injectors. If I was you I'd go right back to basics. Get a stock OEM file flashes and then go from there. Rule things out one by one.