1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
So then looking forward to york guys, taking mine down the strip :) maybe a but anal but assuming resrs pumped up alot to reduce drag and the fronts? High for reduced drag or lower for more grip? Not impressed with the" fuel crisis" i had to put 95 ron in. Hmmmm

agreed ad to put 95ron in and i felt as if i was poisoning my baby ha

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Remember guys a Golf ED30 only does around 14.2 at around 100mph as stock so these little 1.4 TSI's are really punching above their weight. [B)]

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Hurdy i bn doing some research. Seems like slightly over inflating the rear tyres to 40psi and decreasing the front to 20-30psi. Also the leader did his with t/c on! Especially in your case, the amount of power your limiting by having it on is nothing compared to the amount of extra oomph you have and will help with the accidental double shift and needle bouncing off the rev limiter

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Do you mean Santa Pod RWYB? If so its not on this Sat, next one is 14/04/12 :)

My new best time :

14.12@ 96.88mph - TMC tuning box (setting 7), ITG air intake, Rear seats removed, TC OFF - road tyres (205-40-17) - Santa Pod

:cry: that's me relegated to 9th spot! hehehehehe

Aug 3, 2011
Hurdy i bn doing some research. Seems like slightly over inflating the rear tyres to 40psi and decreasing the front to 20-30psi. Also the leader did his with t/c on! Especially in your case, the amount of power your limiting by having it on is nothing compared to the amount of extra oomph you have and will help with the accidental double shift and needle bouncing off the rev limiter

It was me that was asking about the tyres :lol:

Will be my first time doing drag strip. Does York have a prestage (red,then yellow, green?) or is it just a when the lights go out go for it?

We can just turn up on the day and pay admisson/runs.

Jay

Sep 19, 2010
-
Do you mean Santa Pod RWYB? If so its not on this Sat, next one is 14/04/12 :)

My new best time :

14.12@ 96.88mph - TMC tuning box (setting 7), ITG air intake, Rear seats removed, TC OFF - road tyres (205-40-17) - Santa Pod

Yeah mate on the 14th, you going?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Question...are apr working on launch control? Very much needed +stage2

Not to sure yet. Once my car goes back in to them there will be alot more work going into it. What they do with the DSG im not to sure, but hopefully they will do something.

Im thinking maybe launching with traction control on might be the best option though. Last time my traction issues were horrendous. couldnt get better than 2.7 on the 60ft times:blink:

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
It was me that was asking about the tyres :lol:

Will be my first time doing drag strip. Does York have a prestage (red,then yellow, green?) or is it just a when the lights go out go for it?

We can just turn up on the day and pay admisson/runs.

Jay

Yes, York has the Christmas tree lights like the Pod as it is a registered dragstrip.

You can just turn up , but you do need your licence and a helmet. They can supply a helmet if you don't have one. York also has a registration process which gets you a card for the rest of the year to fast track you through the daily registration process for any further events you attend.[B)]

Aug 3, 2011
Cheers hurdy informative as always!- I would of forgot about a helmet lol. Wonder what jabbas map will do. Its quite progressive power is more in top end compared to the large torque advantage most other maps seem to have. Should be interesting. How much petrol will I need. . . Hmm don't wana carry too much around lol!

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Do you live next door to santa pod lol. Pain in the ass for me, im pretty much half way between york and the pod so its a trek either way for me

:lol: About an hour and 10 mins away, just can't seem to stay away from that place!

"My name's Loz and I'm a Pod Addict" :lol:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise