Nokia CK7W fitment to Seat Leon

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
I have a Nokia CK7W kit that previously was fitted professionally and hardwired in to the existing H\U wiring. (Didn't use any connection blocks)
I am transferring the kit out of my old Cupra, to put it in my LCR.
So having now disconnect it all I don't want to go down the route of cutting & splicing wires when I reinstall the kit in to my other car.
Trouble is also, I'm wondering if the previous installer has cut or modified the existing Nokia kit wiring when he hard wired it in.
From the Nokia kit, I'm left with a cream coloured 15mm flat connector, and 3 wires ,a black, a blue and a red wire with metal plug in connectors. (and obviously the Ariel lead, button switch lead too) Does this sound right??

Both head units are Aura's, but the old one (from a 01 LC) was the cassette\radio type, and the new one (from a 05 LCR) is a CD\Radio. I had a CD Changer with the old unit, so on the back of the old H\U, is a blue,green and yellow block plugged in to the top connector, a black block in the middle, and another block at the bottom.
The blue green and yellow blocks are individually connected together. The blue one being the CD changer connection I assume, but I'm not sure what the yellow and the green blocks are for, so for now I have left them plugged in to the old unit.

Do you think I can get a wiring connection kit for the Nokia CK7W (as long as I have the original connection blocks and leads from the Nokia of course)

I hope this doesn't comes across to confusing!

Cheers

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Did you have the sound (phone calls) coming out of the cars speakers? or did you have the separate speaker that is generally supplied with the kit?

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Hi Lee

Yes I had the sound through the car speakers.
I'll only use the bluetooth feature, so won't need the ariel and cradle.
Typical, both head units have different cabling at the back, so couldn't just copy the connection setup from one to the other.

Cheers

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
All the wiring for the "brain" is from that loom then.

The Leon stereos are the same connection though surely?

Should be all plug and play, can you get a pic of what you have :)

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Ok, Here are some shots of the jumble of wires from the old car, and the neat and tidy connectors of the new car.
Also Pics of the wiring I have left from the Nokia Kit after de-rigging.
There is also a pic of a grey cable that I guess was originaly from the Nokia Kit, that is hard wired in to the old car's wiring loom. This I fear will be the spanner in the works, as I have no idea where I place this, in to the new car. I certainly can't kind a similiar grey cable behind the new car's Headunit.

Nokia Connectors Remaining
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/technik21/NokiaKitWires.jpg

Old H\Unit Wires
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/technik21/OldHeadunit.jpg

Old Wiring
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/technik21/OldHUWiring.jpg

Grey Cable from Old Car
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/technik21/GreyCable.jpg

New H\Unit Wires
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/technik21/NewHUWires.jpg

Thanks

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The 15mm flat connector means nothing to me, isn't on my car kit, ie the same as you have, so i'm lost as to what that mates too.

I have this loom from autoleads

e0db_1.JPG

And it's all plug and play.

As for your wires red is 12v black is earth and the blue is the remote that silences the headunit when a call is received/ made.

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
Hi Lee

Thanks for your help.

I have finally sorted it.

I was delving in deeper behind the old headunit, and pulled out the whole bunch of wires as seen in th photo's, and attached to the end of those, was a twin female block from which the original Aura blocks were connected to. Also attached to the same loom was a Muting box, which in turn was connected to the grey cable!
Well it all fitted to the new headunit, and all seems ok!:lol:

Cheers again!:D

Sorry to hijack,just fitted a nokia ck7w bluetooth set in my leon cupra mk1 using the Autoleads 06-050b cable,which makes for all the correct wires & incorporates the muting facility.
On reconnecting everything my headset AURA rad/cass,has gone into SAFE 2 mode,and has been in it for ages(overnight).
I was wondering if the autolead has switched permanent/swithced live connections,but i can't see how.

Any help to get rid of SAFE 2 mode would be great.
Thanks
Calum.
PS. the Nokia kit sounds awful,echos like hell connected to my Nokia 2630 Handset,how did you get on with the kit.

henryk

Mar 16, 2008
fife,scotland
I would like to ask a question about the ck7w if it's ok.

I also have this fitted to my Leon fr tdi, it was fitted to it when I bought the car 4 years ago. The annoying thing is that when I'm sitting waiting in the car while the wife is taking forever in a shop, I switch off the engine and have the radio or normally usb pen on, but every few minutes you get a bleep, phone lights up and the music cuts off, only for 6 or 7 seconds, (key in ignition in off position). It's like it is searching for connectivity or something. Does your's do this also, or is there a way of a fix as it is pretty annoying?
Thank's

I would like to ask a question about the ck7w if it's ok.

I also have this fitted to my Leon fr tdi, it was fitted to it when I bought the car 4 years ago. The annoying thing is that when I'm sitting waiting in the car while the wife is taking forever in a shop, I switch off the engine and have the radio or normally usb pen on, but every few minutes you get a bleep, phone lights up and the music cuts off, only for 6 or 7 seconds, (key in ignition in off position). It's like it is searching for connectivity or something. Does your's do this also, or is there a way of a fix as it is pretty annoying?
Thank's

Should only be searching if ignition switched on.
Is the remote module lit up when ignition is off ?

If lit up when ignition off,then sounds like permanent & switched lives need swapped over,and car kit switches it's self off automatically,after i think about 5 mins,that could be the problem by the sounds of it.

Calum

All sorted,was checking connectivity using my cordless house phone DOHH !!
This was causing the feedback/echo...Also followed the guide on here for eliminating the SAFE 2 mode,by leaving radio on for about an hour,then it switched to 2000,and i could input code,pity Seat Aura manual doesn't give the correct info,as it tells you to leave unit switched off.
Thanks to the Forum for all the help.

Calum.

henryk

Mar 16, 2008
fife,scotland
Should only be searching if ignition switched on.
Is the remote module lit up when ignition is off ?

If lit up when ignition off,then sounds like permanent & switched lives need swapped over,and car kit switches it's self off automatically,after i think about 5 mins,that could be the problem by the sounds of it.

Calum

I don't think so but not sure, will have to check. I think it lights up when it bleeps- cuts off music. Might have to take a look at the wiring.