Speedo

c7xlg

Not wanting to add to argument... But even if u have 300bhp you won't go any faster unless you change the gearing on the car as it sounds like you are hitting vmax pretty much on the rev limiter.

Or you could have the rev limit raised and then go hit the autobahn and see what she'll do. Do make sure you let us know how that worked for you. I'm sure the internals in your derv car could handle 6500 rpm ok.

pods

Dec 30, 2010
Caldercruix,North Lanarkshire
How would i get more grunt? And i have plans for bigger wheels and lowering. And maybe new brakes

Easier better cheaper in the long run to buy a car that's nearer to what you want. i.e. an FRTdi
as the route you are suggesting will be unproven with loads of pitfalls.As you have said you are not that knowledgeable it will be more likely to give you what you want.
or just go and buy a motorbike and get a bigger rush.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
[B)]betty swollox - ****ing lol.

and as for the rest of this joke...i mean thread. its kept me entertained for a moment or two.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Buzz123, I am going to be constructive

1. Have a word with yourself
2. Get a sat nav / gps speedo and prove to yourself that what you think to be true is actually true
3. Don't drive faster than 140mph, legal or not surely 140mph is fast enough on standard brakes?
4. Have another word with yourself

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
140, in your dreams. Either you're a liar or your speedo is fooked. Borrow a Tomtom and have another go, then post up and tell us what the score was.

wclark1238

Feb 1, 2011
Wigan
And i have plans for bigger wheels and lowering. And maybe new brakes

So you're running at an indicated 140mph already and now looking to go faster? And as an afterthought you might consider throwing some new brakes at your car? Well what a waste that is ............ you do realise that the brakes only make the thing slow down don't you? :whistle:

jimbo_h

just all torque
Jun 16, 2008
Melbourne
Betty I'm with you. Innocent until proven guilty lol. Buzz get someone to take a pic of your sat nav at 140mph (autobahn only) and you'll be an instant ledg', otherwise peps ain't gonna take u seriously. What ever you do, be careful (gee that's a proper Dad comment FFS....)

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Buzz123, I am going to be constructive

1. Have a word with yourself
2. Get a sat nav / gps speedo and prove to yourself that what you think to be true is actually true
3. Don't drive faster than 140mph, legal or not surely 140mph is fast enough on standard brakes?
4. Have another word with yourself

Pmsl @ 1 & 4

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
just been watching police inerceptors, their EVO FQ only does 152mph top speed, someone should tell em to buy a 1.9 TDi Leon, they would save a fortune on petrol

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
just been watching police inerceptors, their EVO FQ only does 152mph top speed, someone should tell em to buy a 1.9 TDi Leon, they would save a fortune on petrol

hahaha

Buzz has given up on this thread, he's posted on other things this morning but not his own thread.

Don't think I helped matters by calling him a retard and a liar after he posted on my visitor messages lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.