1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Here is my slip of shame hehehe

IMAG0056.jpg

is that enough to say there was an issue? the first and quickest run is still good all considering. Could be heat soak for the others maybe, what about slipping clutch? What was the frequency of your runs, waas the car allowed to cool or were they repeated runs

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2010
-
Good times vrsy! Loved the little drive up from services, cant wait to see the pics on the slip road!

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
anyone else think its a nightmare to launch. tried everything to let me get some revs up for a proper launch but as soon as you hold the brake the car wont rev.

tried the handbrake but it didnt hold me. if we could hold the revs up we'd be really really quick

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Now that's the strange thing, if you look at my times vbersus Loz I am defo quicker but if you look at Phillips times you will know there is an issue with my motor mate.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I'm happy I didn't go then :) My rather decent times from last year can stand.

Took the car back off my sister today. £13 fuel gone in 40 miles :D I missed my baby!

Also the stage 2 compared to mode C stripped times are fairly similar. Goes to show weight loss is the most cost effective mod.

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
Traction was bad. I was getting wheel spin in 3rd :-(

I was fairly consitant and ran a best of 14.82 and a worst of 14.9

Best 0-60 was a 5.1.

I was 3rd in the Seat class only beaten by 2 K04 Hyrbid Leons I think, and they ran 14.8 somin and 14.6 I think. I have a photo of the SEAT class top 10.

I didnt like the start at all as there was no pre-stage, you need this for DSG. At Pod with the Pre stage count down i floor it at the 2nd from last light and it gets gear and goes in time. If you just have a red and green as at Inters you get the delay when you floor it as the car has to pick up gear. I kow it dosnt affect your time as it starts from when you cross the line, but it helps you beat the other car :)

I was running in D pushed to manual and then changing myself from first to second to reduce wheel spin and then letting it change itself the rest of the way.

When me and Jason had a go there was a massive diffrence, he got a better start and 1/2 a car length ahead and as soon as i hit mid 2nd gear I flew past him. Be good to know if there is somthing wrong Jason, let me know wheat SEAT say! did you talk to REVO?

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Now looking at those times you would swear there was nothing wrong with my car................. confused.com!

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
If you were you should of gone to the REVO shoot out at the end of the Day, the top 2 of each class was in the shoot out.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Now looking at those times you would swear there was nothing wrong with my car................. confused.com!

That's what i was thinking. There were no brilliant times anywhere, and comparing your times to more powerful mavhinery there's not that muc h of a differnce really. Your times got slower which is why I thought heatsoak or clutch

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Traction was bad. I was getting wheel spin in 3rd :-(

I was fairly consitant and ran a best of 14.82 and a worst of 14.9

Best 0-60 was a 5.1.

I was 3rd in the Seat class only beaten by 2 K04 Hyrbid Leons I think, and they ran 14.8 somin and 14.6 I think. I have a photo of the SEAT class top 10.

I didnt like the start at all as there was no pre-stage, you need this for DSG. At Pod with the Pre stage count down i floor it at the 2nd from last light and it gets gear and goes in time. If you just have a red and green as at Inters you get the delay when you floor it as the car has to pick up gear. I kow it dosnt affect your time as it starts from when you cross the line, but it helps you beat the other car :)

I was running in D pushed to manual and then changing myself from first to second to reduce wheel spin and then letting it change itself the rest of the way.

When me and Jason had a go there was a massive diffrence, he got a better start and 1/2 a car length ahead and as soon as i hit mid 2nd gear I flew past him. Be good to know if there is somthing wrong Jason, let me know wheat SEAT say! did you talk to REVO?

Thought you were in the 13s? What was the fastest 1.4tsi time of the adayhow did thr cars cope in the heat, I know my engine bay was'like an'oven. Im going to wrap the exhaustin heat tape to reduce it i think

phil_monk31

Feb 22, 2010
Thought you were in the 13s? What was the fastest 1.4tsi time of the adayhow did thr cars cope in the heat, I know my engine bay was'like an'oven. Im going to wrap the exhaustin heat tape to reduce it i think

Ha ha yea sorry 13.82 and 13.9 lol typo.

I was the fastest one there Sunday. :)

the Leons were 13 as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members