PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks bill.

Ebc off. Wg pressure is about 15psi which I think gave about 270whp

Lo - 21psi gave 310whp

Hi - 26-27psi gave 350whp but with wheelspin so probably more than that.

Glad to hear your build is coming together, mapping been tricky on it?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yeah I was disappointed with it as well, I'm thinking maybe using a core as big as I did not such a great idea now. I think seans is roughly the same size, any thoughts on changing it?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have overlayed the spool against a gt2x and other gt30, and its not quite as fast spooling as the other gt30, but faster than the gt2x (which this car ran previously), but 410bhp not mid 200bhp region.
some more fiddling to do on map, so its not over yet...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wow goes to show how bad the GT2x.

Im still thinking about changing my core on this setup to try and help spool. 2.5" pipework and a core with 3" inlet/outlet, 76mm thick, 600x300 so thats over 13.5 liters so fill!

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
tufftys T25 gt30 on internal gate spools slightly faster, which is a comparison I can do on my dyno..
I have a few others to mull over.
fueling before spool is what I am working on, to help it get going sooner..

holding the thing on the dyno is fun :rolleyes: lol

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Is tuftys large port and the ibiza standard small port?

Spool wise leaning out didnt make that much of a difference i found on mine, maybe 200rpm or so, but still helps regardless.

Bet it rips when comes on boost and scary at the same time like you say. Any issues on cooling? Intake and coolant temps looking alright? (something i need to work on)

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Is tuftys large port and the ibiza standard small port?

Spool wise leaning out didnt make that much of a difference i found on mine, maybe 200rpm or so, but still helps regardless.

Bet it rips when comes on boost and scary at the same time like you say. Any issues on cooling? Intake and coolant temps looking alright? (something i need to work on)

cooling fine, ait's and egt's all very good. gains 13'c over start/ambient during a power run.
engine mounts need to be race ones for this power... i video'd its run this morning and by eck its trying to get out of the engine bay!

new #1 on badger5 top ten now too.. found a little more power in it. :)

373bhp atw

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Wooohoo! Good effort bill! You driven the thing yet? Any logs? :p

That graph looks exactly like what im predicting mine to look like when theres no wheelspin. :)

Thats one thing im happy with, those cheapo Blackforest mounts are superb, next to zero movemt on the dyno pulls ive done.

I need to pay you a visit now. lol.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally fitted a new header tank and injectors and took it for a spin.

Forgot how mental the thing is.

Think i need to put some fresh petrol in (has to be at least 7 months old now lol) or a coilpack is on its way as it seems to be breaking up at high rpm.

WOT was seeing mid 11's AFR when i could actually look at the gauge. lol. Header tank has made zero difference to the coolant pressure situtation, top rad hose still gets pretty solid.

Im not going to drive it now until i sort the oil return out as well, fed up of waiting for the pressure to drop before i can drive it without it smoking.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Its difficult to get one made without seeing mine as the turbo position and hard pipe section is all custom made. Need to do something tho.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.