PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

daves ibiza

i believe i can get turbo jackets for 60bucks, yeah that day was awesome got to see this beast run, the manifold was glowing red red hot very impressive.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Shows how much i need ceramic coating. lol.

Next year will bring a built largeport head and ceramic coating. :D

Impressive video Phil, have you got an EGT probe in the manifold or downpipe? And will the turbo still glow bright orange when DP and mani is coated you think? Just speaking to a mate of yours I believe Fred with VX220 on cleaned-UK forum?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Forgot to mention my new discs turned up and got it MOT'd and Taxed for another year. Happy days.

Think i might start ripping it apart over Christmas ready to do the head. We'll see.

daves ibiza

whats your disks like mate, i got 2 peice disks but there badly scored,

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Front ones yeah. People have been doing this mod for a while now, just something I've wanted but been down the mod wanted list. Lol.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Looks like i wont be updating this with any decent updates for the next few months, lack of cash after buying a new daily, 2002 PD130 A4 Avant and moving into a new house.

I will be mostly sorting out small issues and gettin there car as perfect as possible with a view of then puilling it apart in the winter for head work.

I have yet to fit my lupo wipers, 3bar, 630cc injectors or my oil cooler and a few other small bits i think which will be pretty much the last of the mods this year. Bad times.

Unless i can sort out whats causing the excess pressure in the coolant system i wont be doing any track days this year as well. Sadder times.

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
hope you get this sorted. some epic work has gone into this. are you going to be running bigger injectors and 3bar as apposed to 4bar and smaller injectors? what advantage does this give? keep it up
will

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
630cc on 3bar, which is what it was mapped at. I was running 550's at 4bar, which is about 615cc.

Gives me more headroom on the injector duty cycle as theyre not working as hard to deliver the same amount of fuel.

Thanks will. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.