more torque on my lcr 225

phantom1

bucks beast
Nov 8, 2010
buckinghamshire
Hello all,

Iv now had my lcr for 2 months, it was totally standard 225 when I bought it and within a month of owning it I got it remapped with a performance panel filter, I was happy with my stage 1 remap of 265 bhp but a bit dissapointed with the 232 lbs/ft of torque as I was expecting it to be round the 290 figure, thinking about it now if I had to get a 007p and a bigger uprated TIP fitted before the remap would it have got me more torque? Any1 have any views or ideas on this?
Many thanks

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
wouldnt think you would get any off a 007 and very very little of a tip, the low torque figure will most likely be down to the map you have. I believe a fmic ups your torque as it lowers intake temps but i dont have one fitted yet so cant confirm this

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
your not gonna get the figures you want just from putting on a stainless exhaust mate, its all about whats going on inside the engine. Yes you will get gains, but your not gonna find 60 lbs/ft. dont quote me but id say from a front mount and an exhaust your still only gonna see 255-260 max, and thats gonna set you back over a grand

like trauma says what map is it?

phantom1

bucks beast
Nov 8, 2010
buckinghamshire
It,s a map from amd essex, don't get me wrong after 3500 revs the car goes like a bat out of hell but low down I can feel the lack of torque, my missus has a octavia vrs tdi and after driving that I certainly feel the lack of torque on the lcr

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
you will do cos its a diesel and thats what there all about. AMD are a good shout as far as i gather so it should be a decent map. Maybe speak to them and tell them your not too happy with the torque figures and see what they can do for you regarding the map, maybe alter it a little? cheaper than a full miltek and fmic

Jun 16, 2008
your filter isnt an open cone one by any chance?

when i switched from the OEM filter to my jetex one, the LOW down torque felt well off.
but the open cone filter is great for higher rev torque......can feel the extra amount.

phantom1

bucks beast
Nov 8, 2010
buckinghamshire
No its pipercross panel filter, was thinking of getting an open cone induction kit but went for the standard look instead, so you think an induction kit cone filter would get my torgue up ?

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
stick with you panel and you know your getting cold air, iv got an open cone and im really really not sure about it, sounds nice on the dv though thats why i went cone

adam_lincs

DJ Extrodinaire...
Aug 27, 2010
lincs
assuming your peak torque occurs at same engine speed then an increase to 290lbs will give 330bhp at 6000 rpm!

just a thought.... :)

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
assuming your peak torque occurs at same engine speed then an increase to 290lbs will give 330bhp at 6000 rpm!

just a thought.... :)

you couldnt make 330 through a k04, theres been debates about it and im sure they say max flow rate is around the 265 mark, but im sure you can still make 280/90 on the torque with 265 horse

Last edited:

phantom1

bucks beast
Nov 8, 2010
buckinghamshire
No I think its an amd custom map, deff not revo, cause iv heard revo maps really aggressive low down torque maps, would getting a forge acuator fitted increase my torgue?

Muhammad

Get a boost gauge and measure your boost. Should be a good hint as to whats actually happening.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Id be ringing AMD and asking if they think those figures are about right for their maps or if somethings failing like a sensor. AMD will probably have the info about your car in their records. If they think its ok try ringing other mappers.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Tbf it will prob be a revo code it has been known for Amd to load revo and call it there own but not starting a war lol , mines full stage 2 alltho I doubt it's at those figures now as It needs a going over , 300 bhp no way from a standard ko4