PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Wilko

Badge snob
Phil
I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a 60mm maf hits 5v at around 220g/s, so are you sure your code doesn't think the maf is a 69mm id maf.
Still gives 280g/s plus to my calcs, and I made 395hp on a couple of dynos with that kind of airflow.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Hmmm, yeah i think it might actually be that. I know the code is written for the 69mm S3 maf, so guess thats right.

Good thing was the majority of cars run below power, proper heartbreaker as Craig will probably post up soon. lol.

Laggy tho isnt it? lol.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Phil, how do you find lag on thie 3071R? Trying to toss up between that and the 2871R at the mo. Seems like the 28 is going to give more driveabilty. Didn't know they even did a A/R 0.60 housing for the 30....

daves ibiza

I know, another time maybe. :)

Well after about 3 hours i finally fitted my new coolant feed for the turbo, what a pain in the ass job, the old one was scorched and the banjo looked like its seen some heat as well. I really hope this is the end of the coolant issue now. Shame its red, but i guess form follows function in the case.

Had a good look at the oil return and the sooner i get throw it in the bin the better. But thats not going to be into the new year now. In need of some new discs and an MOT next month.

After tomorrow i'll probably not drive it for another month.

phillw you dont have any spares lines haning around in garage, i have my oil feed , just needing all the others let me no bud cheers. and fair play mate she mint lol

Jan 13, 2010
UK
sorry dint come back down i was gutted, i couldbt get a maf meter anywhere :( orderd one this morning from gsf. my batt went on way round looking for a maf and then my car charger wudnt work....what a day!!

your car looked and sounded awsome on the rollers, had a nice rip to it when on hard boost, gota be happy with the results to.

got someone coming to look at mine wednesday :) hope it goes lol as if i keep it means il just spend more money on it

GotBoost

REVO Dealer
Aug 19, 2009
Llandow, S Wales
I need a ride in this :)

Join the queue, i still aint been out in the thing !!

Phil - The graph shows a restriction, probably the head itself. Torque drop sharply after peak whilst boost stays consistant. Best get the BVH finished, theres another 50bhp in there at the same boost level IMO.

Would be an interesting vehicle to carry out some MAP / EMAP logging before and after the head change.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks all.

getting their Phil :)

Be interesting to see what it makes on your dyno bill as Craig put it, "proper heartbreaker" dyno. Lol.

Yeah it's gettin there, still not quite happy with the setup and it's crying out for headwork as Craig points out. Still fun tho. Lol.

Thanks again for everyhiny Craig, really annotate reccomend your setup and the whole Muzzrace guys, extremely knowledgeable indeed. The guy you told me to speak to about the coolant was a really tidy fella.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Thanks all.

Be interesting to see what it makes on your dyno bill as Craig put it, "proper heartbreaker" dyno. Lol.

Yeah it's gettin there, still not quite happy with the setup and it's crying out for headwork as Craig points out. Still fun tho. Lol.

Thanks again for everyhiny Craig, really annotate reccomend your setup and the whole Muzzrace guys, extremely knowledgeable indeed. The guy you told me to speak to about the coolant was a really tidy fella.

bring it down Phil.. I'll make time to run it for you.
I am sure Craig would be also be interested in the comparisons

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
bring it down Phil.. I'll make time to run it for you.
I am sure Craig would be also be interested in the comparisons

Thanks Bill, i'll take you up on that soon i promise. Have to get back to Craigs first as he's having some new tie down points under the car as he think there might have been some wheelspin in the higher rpm.

New pads and discs this week, and i think i might refurb the caliper as well, as in new seals pistons etc...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thats actually the third run Bill, by this time i think things are gettin a bit hot so must have burnt something i think.

I can see why Craig wants to try the tie down points under the car. lol.

Mar 13, 2010
You didnt by any chance think about trading this for an astra plus cash did you at one point? or is that someone else? been trying to find the project on here of the car, sorry if it aint you .

Last edited: