New MK3 Ibiza Cupra owner! Where to start...?

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Helloooo to the ibiza people! ive just left a deposit for this (Imperial) blue ibiza cupra!

Heres the advert - pistonheads.com/sales/1923909.htm

The car is totally standard and in pretty decent nick compared to some i looked at!

I went to see it with a lad called arron who is also a member on here with a black mk3 ibiza cupra that is moderatley modified.

This is my 1st ibiza and since ive not had a turbo before since i used to have a saxo vts and pug 206 gti 180 im a bit nooby when looking into improving performance.

ive thought of a few things that need doing but dont know whats the best type or make to get and at a reasonable price or 2nd hand...

heres what ive thought about:

1) front mount intercooler - whats the best for performance without having to cut and bodge too much to get it to fit?
2) air filter, ive heard jetex is the best as it doesnt ruin MAF's, should i get one with a heatsheild + from where without payin mega bucks
3) dump valve - best for performace but still with a bit of noise? forge 007p or similar?
4) turbo inlet pipe - hard to fit? where can i get them and what brand? once again prices or 2nd hand availability?
5) coilovers? dont know where to start here
6) is there a guide to fitting a headunit into these centre consoles lol
7) exhaust systems, looking to head for stage 2 so should i be changing the manifold aswell? wheres best and not ott price wise?
8) the improtant remap, once all the parts are on where would the most recommended place be?
9) n249??? bypass think my pal can do that with me but what other piping is reduntant and wasting space and power that can be removed without getting lots of problems?
10) Brakes!!! should i be looking to upgrade more than just discs and pads with increased power on the ibiza?
11) other suspension components... what parts are recommened to upgrade? bushes, top mounts? arb's?
12) should any gearbox or engine mounts be upgraded or will it make the ride waaaaay to harsh??
13) the car has a small amount of rust around one of the arches but it is currently only under the car not onto the visible body work unless u look from underneath? whats the best way to remove and stop this without goin to a bodyshop and getting it all sprayed up?
14) is there anything else to consider to start with???

if anyone could help with any of that id be VERY happy :happy:

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
1) front mount intercooler - whats the best for performance without having to cut and bodge too much to get it to fit?
Probably a Forge, but it comes with a price tag, most people use the universal kits off ebay which seem to be quite easy to fit
2) air filter, ive heard jetex is the best as it doesnt ruin MAF's, should i get one with a heatsheild + from where without payin mega bucks
imo its a bit of a myth about the maf buy hey, Jetex is best to go for imo, you could get a heat shield but most use a silicone hose to extend the filter more into the wing are
3) dump valve - best for performace but still with a bit of noise? forge 007p or similar?
Forge 007p is the best way to go imo, Turbosmart is great for noise but can take some time to get setup perfectly, as soon as you add another mod youll find it need adjusting again
4) turbo inlet pipe - hard to fit? where can i get them and what brand? once again prices or 2nd hand availability?
Forge Motorsport is where you want it from, the do pop up second hand but if your after a certain colour you might be waiting a while, Fitting is an absolute arse!! best off doing a search for that one
5) coilovers? dont know where to start here
Prob best off doin a search here too, Weitec are popular and highly rated, Have a look at the affiliate section as theres loads of companies on here with online shops
6) is there a guide to fitting a headunit into these centre consoles lol
Best off searching for this sort of stuff
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218975
7) exhaust systems, looking to head for stage 2 so should i be changing the manifold aswell? wheres best and not ott price wise?
You dont need a manifold for stage 2, you need a turbo back though for stage 2, decat or sports cat, price wise £500-£700
8) the improtant remap, once all the parts are on where would the most recommended place be?
Revo imo, although i have amd ive been in a Revo mapped cupra and its ace!!
9) n249??? bypass think my pal can do that with me but what other piping is reduntant and wasting space and power that can be removed without getting lots of problems?
Secondary air injection
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112034
10) Brakes!!! should i be looking to upgrade more than just discs and pads with increased power on the ibiza?
Best off looking in the Badger5 section at what he offers
11) other suspension components... what parts are recommened to upgrade? bushes, top mounts? arb's?
12) should any gearbox or engine mounts be upgraded or will it make the ride waaaaay to harsh??
These 2 imo depend on what you want, how much power you will be running etc

Welcome btw! glad you finally found a decent one

Best bet is have a good search on everything as youll find what your looking for for each question there ;)

Last edited:

ad_182_uk

Jul 2, 2010
Long Eaton, Notts
Nice one Berg!!! good to see the old saxp-ers are the 1st to help out with good info! ive noticed parts for these ibiza's arent cheap! and me not being the best with a spanner aint gona help the costs!

Oj 89 - that looks like a pretty awesome guide and thank god there is one, be lost without my headunit!!!

chudds

iv have only just started on my cupra.. started with K&N induction kit and 007p diverter valve then custom code stage one and im in love with my car now im looking at stage 2 with ko3s