PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
What fmic you got currently Phil? If you havent got one already and Alex is selling his Pro Alloy one that would be well worth buying.

That might be a good shout actually.

Im running the Forge unit currently, but was gonna make my own kit very similar to RobbieC's.

It's OK if you just want to say you're scared

You're not gonna quit it til i fit the thing are you? lol.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
take the turbo and waste gate of and it becomes very light!!
alot of weight for a light manifold

also alex is getting his tiny little petrol filled mind muddled with my cast mani.
this one is suprising easy to fit
sorry for the dig alex :p

but saying that i had to remove it about 1000 times to be fixed so i had plenty of practice

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford

also alex is getting his tiny little petrol filled mind muddled with my cast mani.

but saying that i had to remove it about 1000 times to be fixed so i had plenty of practice

I have a 50/50 mix of petrol and diesel at the moment!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales

Just hope i dont get used to taking it off! lol.

Im glad you've seen thethread, didnt want to bother you about it but do you know the exact fuelling setup that it was mapped on?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thats one option yeah, but id like to see if i can get it running first on the map you had done if i have the right hardware as ive got 550's already but until i know what it was mapped on originally i cant make that call.

ashamin786

this car is amazing, the amount of modifications is unreal. i've just got a cupra and i cant belive how far better this one is.
great work mate

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
iirc it was mapped on 440cc at 4bar iirc

i gave it to them with 630cc and thay gave me it back with 440cc fitted, 630cc in the boot and a larger bill than expected

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
iirc it was mapped on 440cc at 4bar iirc

i gave it to them with 630cc and thay gave me it back with 440cc fitted, 630cc in the boot and a larger bill than expected

Thanks.

Looks like i might be going Revo Stage 3 on a S4 MAF and 550's run at 4bar, which is what i think Alex @ BDM has done pretty much.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Not touched it yet, havent had chance to get it on the ramps and get everything fitted yet. Got a walbro in line pump coming and the rocker and inlet will be going black crackle very soon.

Also the interior will be sprayed matt black as well soon. :)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Patience. lol.

Just ordered a new head to mani gasket and S4 copper mani nuts.

Waiting on my Warlbro 255lph external pump now.

Rocker cover has been sprayed wrinkle black and im waiting for that to dry as i type this. Pics tomorrow as always.

Also made a new holder for the Scangauge on the 3D printer in work, im a CAD designer so can knock these things up pretty easy. Will be installed tomorrow.

Ive got 6 track sessions on sunday @ Rockingham in the French Car Show, yes i know the car isnt French but it was 100 quid for 6 25 minute sessions and they give you a free pit lane garage as well!!! Shame i didnt get my baffled sump on tho.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Nice one Phil. Is this the final blast on KKK power? :) Can't really argue with the value of that track time. Looking forward to seeing what you've designed for the Scangauge

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Yep. Final blast indeed. Looking forward to it now after the small problems at Combe not long ago.

Just a simple raised and angled holder for the gauge.

Rocker cover is wrinkling up nicely. :D

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Well the car made it to and from Rockingham this weekend this weekend and completed 1 hour in total on track, would have been 2 x 15 min sessions more but i was pretyy much out of fuel by the last two! lol.

Car didnt put a foot wrong, needed to tighten up the sump plug after a slight off into the gravel (oops) on the second to last bend on one session (my only mishap btw) and a loose jubilee on a coolant hose. Just need some new tyres now tho, think ill go for some Hankook RS2's next instead of the Paradas.

Rocker cover is painted wrinkle, looks awesome as well. :)

Pics to follow before i rip it apart this weekend. :)

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Thanks.

Looks like i might be going Revo Stage 3 on a S4 MAF and 550's run at 4bar, which is what i think Alex @ BDM has done pretty much.

I ran 630's with the S4 maf with 3bar map sensor on what I called revo stage 4. Ran spot on. Its not a production code, but could be made into one. I did have the SEM and 80mm TB, but that should not affect you too much.