Bosst has mind of its own

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Ok so my car has been in limp mode for ages but not been able to investigate or diagnose the problem because ive been busy. at the weekend i was trying to figure it out, now if the car is not boosting all i have to do is keep driving in a low gear past 3500 rpm then i get boost and into the next gear and full bosst throughout, and for the rest of the gears. when im in 5th or 6th and im driving off boost when i put the foot down i get nothing... so what i need to do is drop it to a lower gear and take it past 3500rpm and then everything is ok again.
anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, im thinking a sticky actuator, but its a new turbo and im only getting the problems 1 month after fitting it??? :shrug:

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Ok so my car has been in limp mode for ages but not been able to investigate or diagnose the problem because ive been busy. at the weekend i was trying to figure it out, now if the car is not boosting all i have to do is keep driving in a low gear past 3500 rpm then i get boost and into the next gear and full bosst throughout, and for the rest of the gears. when im in 5th or 6th and im driving off boost when i put the foot down i get nothing... so what i need to do is drop it to a lower gear and take it past 3500rpm and then everything is ok again.
anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, im thinking a sticky actuator, but its a new turbo and im only getting the problems 1 month after fitting it??? :shrug:

Have you had it mapped yet?

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
and also when it goes into limp mode the fault "charge pressure control negative deviation" comes up but all my vac pipes are secure and i have no boost leaks...

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
your joking right?? you've put a hybrid turbo on there that spools up differently to the standard turbo the readings from all your sensors will think somethings wrong hence the limp mode. Get it mapped

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Like I said on the previous thread you started, get a a map for the hybrid and full turboback. You cant expect it to work properly if its a generic map. Your turbo is the same only from outside, the internals are different. As for the fault code you are getting, it could be one of these like I stated on the previous thread.

Same code, same symptons, and the fixes:

A bad Turbo Actuator
A clogged intake and EGR/AntiShudderValve - Causing the Negative pressure code
and a plugged vacuum check valve. causing low boost

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=269539

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.