Took the plunge

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
Went to my dealers today after a few weeks of umm'ing and arrr'ing about it and ordered my cupra! :D in crono yellow. Just keeping it standard apart from the iPod cup to keep the monthy payments as low as i can but will probly get the racing brakes at a later date as my dad gets parts discounts. Have to say I got a cracking deal px so im really happy! Dealer said it would be 3-4 month delivery so now i cant wait!

russell10

Why is there such a long waiting time? Is there no demand for them?

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
i think someone said something about they wait for all the orders for cupra's etc and then put them in together.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Nice car like yellow cupras, think its much better to wait for it to be built, in the old days to many new car built and left in fields untill sold so rusty before you got it, could stand for up to two years before sold.
Hope you injoy your new car when you get it

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
i think its the engines,
if you go on the volkswagen website they say they are having delays of 3 to 4 months for the 1.4 tsi engine due to high demand

good choice of car tho pal, cupra does look well in yellow :)

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
went to visit the dealer today and he said something about one on stock production? that should be here end of april/start of may! :D great news cos i thought the 4 month wait would kill me :D

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
wigz if you get your car before me after i been waiting 3-4months now for it i will be absolutely LIVID! :) nice choice of car though ;)

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
went to visit the dealer today and he said something about one on stock production? that should be here end of april/start of may! :D great news cos i thought the 4 month wait would kill me :D

lucky bugga :) i ordered mine 2 wks ago same car and colour and there was no cupra's even scheduled!
I got told it'd be about 4 months i guess i'm joining the waiting game :whistle:

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
well just had a phonecall saying my car is sat at tyneside docks i think? anyways its in the country and hopefull will be picking her up thursday! :D

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
i think its the engines,
if you go on the volkswagen website they say they are having delays of 3 to 4 months for the 1.4 tsi engine due to high demand

good choice of car tho pal, cupra does look well in yellow :)

Isnt that the 1.4 turbo though? Pretty popular in the Golf.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
By the way, DAMN that was a fast build! What the heck is going on with that?! Could be coz it's standard.

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
ha yeh i know, i was told 3-4 months but then it was a production stock order? i think so the dealer just grabbed it!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.