DV relocation question

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Hi guys im due to relocate my DV pretty soon & was wondering if it would be ok to use the metal T-piece below rather than the silicone one?
4254077198_e9d044a34c_m.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
yea its fie mate

theres a thread on here some where that myki had done about this

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Will work fine although you will need a bit of 25mm silicone so your able to join the d/v to the T piece...plus 2 more hose clips..doesnt it work out more expensive or is it a certain "look" your going for.?

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Will work fine although you will need a bit of 25mm silicone so your able to join the d/v to the T piece...plus 2 more hose clips..doesnt it work out more expensive or is it a certain "look" your going for.?

Im not 100% sure which would be the cheapest but it would be nice to see a pic's of a metal T piece being used anyone.........

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
:funk: i look forward to seeing guide as i would like to carry the relocating out this weekend.

You dont need a guide its really easy to do.

Just take off the dirty old original hose and replace it with the new shiny one that youve made.

Take it for a test drive and have a face like this for a while...:D

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
You dont need a guide its really easy to do.

Just take off the dirty old original hose and replace it with the new shiny one that youve made.

Take it for a test drive and have a face like this for a while...:D

Got all the bits bar 25mm of flexi silicone which im finding hard to locate in red.........
Once i do & fit i shall post pics:)

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Im planning on using the original pipe that comes off the inlet to relocate, ive already cut my metal T-piece down but there still seems to be a kink in the silicone bend off the inlet so im looking to chop so of the silicone off. I sure someone on here must have done this already :confused:

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I chopped mine in 2 pieces and put the t-piece in between

mine wasnt a standard hose though so may have been a different angle (never seen how the standard hose goes)

dandan

Im planning on using the original pipe that comes off the inlet to relocate, ive already cut my metal T-piece down but there still seems to be a kink in the silicone bend off the inlet so im looking to chop so of the silicone off. I sure someone on here must have done this already :confused:

On the original pipe from off the inlet, it does have a part what goes skinny, I cut into mine just before that and I also put a metal t piece in mine too... Works perfect no issues at all!.

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
I did the same as myki, 25mm sillcone t piece then replaced old hose (that links inlet manifold to intercooler) with 2x 90deg silcone hoses and then a bit of 70mm striaght stainless tube to join it all up! didnt think you would be able to make standard hose fit as the moulded bends init?

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
On the original pipe from off the inlet, it does have a part what goes skinny, I cut into mine just before that and I also put a metal t piece in mine too... Works perfect no issues at all!.

Can u remember how long your t-piece was? do u have any pics?
I really want to do this later but dont wanna F$%K up like i usually do lol

Last edited:

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Mission complete & well worth doing. My dumpers sounds crissssssper & louder :D

10fnmeh.jpg

2lmosrd.jpg

vr6exu.jpg

ftoqj4.jpg

Oh & before anyone starts my t.i.p is on order.... i know what u guys are like lol

Last edited:

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
where did you get that flexi pipe from that goes from TIP to DV?

I have my T piece just not that pipe and need it in black

Also what is that pipe you attach your T piece to I have seen some with silicon ones

On this picture of the forge kit it has the DV in it

Can you just buy that pipe?

FMRLKIB.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Looking good

Only thing i suggest is maybe cutting a small amount off the flexi pipe

Think i cut about 20cm off

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
where did you get that flexi pipe from that goes from TIP to DV?

I have my T piece just not that pipe and need it in black

Also what is that pipe you attach your T piece to I have seen some with silicon ones

On this picture of the forge kit it has the DV in it

Can you just buy that pipe?

FMRLKIB.jpg

Flexi pipe was off ebay £27 i think inc p&p

Im not too sure what your trying to say sorry.... do u have a metal t-piece?

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Looking good

Only thing i suggest is maybe cutting a small amount off the flexi pipe

Think i cut about 20cm off

Yes i was thinking that from looking at other members pics on here.
Cant wait to fit t.i.p.....might pay a mate though as i dont want to bleed lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise