DV relocation kit

sick2death

Dec 3, 2009
SY11
Im considering buying one of these kits from Forge, Ive looked at the fitting guide on their website, but being thick as I am, was wondering if there wre any guides with more pictures to make it easier to follow? Ideally with an aftermarket TIP fitted.

What do you guys who've done it think? Was it tricky to do?

I'm sure I'd seen a guide on here, but I've had a search and cant find anything very helpfull.

Cheers.

danny20vt

going back to basics
It's actually pretty easy to fit as long as you can access all the jubilee clips easily enough, which mine weren't and I'm pretty useless when it comes to fiddling with cars but TBH, some people say theres no real benefit from the relocation kits, I only got mine because A) it was cheap from someone on here and B) my intercooler to TB hose was a bit dead but if you really want one, get one and try fitting it, you can't really go wrong unless you cut the hoses short.

Hope this helps a bit

sick2death

Dec 3, 2009
SY11
Well, Ive had a couple of hoses fail recently, so that was part of my thinking. Also noticed that the DV seems pretty hot.

Mostly though i was hoping it would tidy things up under the bonnet a bit, as it looks like an octopus orgy at the moment!

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
lee do you really have to remove the battery to fit this kit? ive already changed the upper hoses to forge ones and didnt take the battery out when i changed them. does taking the battery out make it easier getting the pipe on/off the intercooler?.

Last edited:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
lee do you really have to remove the battery to fit this kit? ive already changed the upper hoses to forge ones and didnt take the battery out when i changed them. does taking the battery out make it easier getting the pipe on/off the intercooler?.

you don't have to but it does make access easier gaz :)

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
you don't have to but it does make access easier gaz :)

ill leave the battery in then :D got the forge hose on without even swearing once.

btw done the n249 bypass and made altered the dv like you said and its much better now, really happy with it, well until i see the fuel gauge :cartman:.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
ill leave the battery in then :D got the forge hose on without even swearing once.

btw done the n249 bypass and made altered the dv like you said and its much better now, really happy with it, well until i see the fuel gauge :cartman:.

hahaha.. it is only because you are booting it that your mpg has gone down! give us a shout if you need a hand fitting the relocation..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members