VagCom MAF readings

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
nah ive bought it second hand off here, only done 300 miles or something...

ill order yellow spring, its 11.66... do we get a discount before i order....

Yes i am being tight!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Your flow looks very healthy. If your dv is in the stock location it doesn't need an uprated spring as the boost is acting on the side of the piston and so no way can it affect its operation. If however you have relocated the DV such that boost acts against the botom of the piston it can leak boost, in such situations you would need more than a yw spring to stop the boost from leaking past. Much better to connect the DV the right way around in the first place and stick with a stock spring as it will operate most rapidly. Forge say that the DV can be connected any way around which is true to a degree but it can leak if altered from stock orientation.

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
Your flow looks very healthy. If your dv is in the stock location it doesn't need an uprated spring as the boost is acting on the side of the piston and so no way can it affect its operation. If however you have relocated the DV such that boost acts against the botom of the piston it can leak boost, in such situations you would need more than a yw spring to stop the boost from leaking past. Much better to connect the DV the right way around in the first place and stick with a stock spring as it will operate most rapidly. Forge say that the DV can be connected any way around which is true to a degree but it can leak if altered from stock orientation.

ive just ordered it!

oh well, to be honest im expecting to just take the old dump valve out and put this one in.

Everybody ive spoke too reckons i need yellow spring.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
ive just ordered it!

oh well, to be honest im expecting to just take the old dump valve out and put this one in.

Everybody ive spoke too reckons i need yellow spring.

Kings suit mate.;)
With both springs you can test both and report back on your findings. Most of us will have a few different springs as it feels like a must have at the time.

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
oh ok, well its on way lol....

I will fit D/v as soon as i can but i dont think it will be for about a week as the car goes on axel stands on saturday as my wheels are being powdercoated next week.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members