Uniroyal Rainsport 2 vs Goodyear GSD3! + Help Please :)

Uniroyal Rainsports 2 vs Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's!?

• Uniroyal Rainsports 2

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
No experience with the Goodyears, but recently had Rainsport 2's fitted to the front and they're excellent! 205/40/17 @ £70 a corner fittted.

To be honest, you probably can't go wrong either way.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
they have proved to be pretty useless in the recent snow and ice.

If your just heading for a tyre change then that won't have helped.

I think everything was pretty useless in the recent snow and ice - but you cant buy tyres to cater for just one week of the year.

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
No experience with the Goodyears, but recently had Rainsport 2's fitted to the front and they're excellent! 205/40/17 @ £70 a corner fittted.

To be honest, you probably can't go wrong either way.

Thats really good value! Where did you get them fitted ? I cant find anywhere which stocks them and few people order them in..

Mytyres is £300 for the lot them would have to get someone to fit them.

Cheers
-Stu

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
If your just heading for a tyre change then that won't have helped.

I think everything was pretty useless in the recent snow and ice - but you cant buy tyres to cater for just one week of the year.

They were just as bad when new - anything running 45 profile is bound to be :) although knackered rear brakes kinda don't help either :p

Although some tyres that have cross cut centre and shoulder rather than V-tread generally tends to be a little better on packed down snow, it's almost impossible to find a tyre that can cope with that kind of temperature and condition swing.

I've heard Toyo Proxes TR-1 are meant to be good albiet a bit soft

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.