• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Whats quicker LCR or remaped LC?

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
As title just wondered what was actually quicker on the road, A 225/210 LCR or a re-mapped LC???
:confused:

andycupra

status subject to change
Id say around town pulling out of corners etc the cupra will be fast as its will be better lower in the rev range and will be far more responsive.
But personally i think the cupra R will have a better top end and a little faster in a straight race. 210s tend to run a bit more than that.

The cupra R will also handle better and stop quicker.

Last edited:

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
depends if your on about in a stright line or round a track lol, the cupra r is supeior in brakes, suspension steering etc,

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I'd agree with both of the above.

0-60 I reckon the LC would be slightly quicker but the KO4'd LCR would reel it in at the top end. only just though.

Handling and braking, deffo LCR.

jamiebennett81

which LC though, K03 or K03S?

EDIT: K04 Vs a remapped K03 then yes it would have it top end, but I think the K03s Vs a K04 would be reasonably even towards top end, with K04 just pipping it still

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
Nothing to shout about in a straight drag race if anything at all.The LCR would waste the LC on a track though

Sort of along the same lines, but if the LC had its coilovers,bushes,front lower/upper/ and rear strut braces,front & rear arbs, etc done with the exception of the difference on the steering rack, up against the LCR that has also be uprated (not map), surely the LCR and LC would handle about the same on a track. am i wrong? if so why as would be interesting to know :)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Sort of along the same lines, but if the LC had its coilovers,bushes,front lower/upper/ and rear strut braces,front & rear arbs, etc done with the exception of the difference on the steering rack, up against the LCR that has also be uprated (not map), surely the LCR and LC would handle about the same on a track. am i wrong? if so why as would be interesting to know :)

The LCR has TT Quatro wishbones and hub carriers. The balljoints are therefore lower on the LCR, giving improved suspension geometry.

dippy4000

going faster
Feb 14, 2009
Kent
The LCR has TT Quatro wishbones and hub carriers. The balljoints are therefore lower on the LCR, giving improved suspension geometry.

Very interesting to know, its quite amazing how much different the cars really are when you get past the obvious.

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site

Why not just buy an LCR

jamiebennett81

kind of common sense really, with time comes progression, hence the LCR having a better spec

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.