What to buy; Falcon, Kumoh or Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres?

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Think ill be getting them kumho ku31's for the new wheels, one of the only tyres in a 195-40-17 and are just over 50 quid each!

Dont know how someone managed to get their zero nero's to last 40k :| Mine were through to the chords in 13.5k! Then my toyos after that died in about 8k. Got paradas on now and i love them!

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Cheers for all of the advice.

I think I am going to go for the P-Zero Nero's as i have been quoted £77 a corner, fitted.

I will keep you posted on ho I get on with them.

Thanks again!

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
TazB,

What tyres is yours wearing then?

I have been told by loads of people that the Falken 512's are really great tyres, but I figure it is best to go with a matching set of four, i.e. P-Zero Nero?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
I wouldnt advise the P-Zero's mate only heard bad things about them i have the Toyo T1R on the front of mine and i would highly recommend them very nice tyres and are great for the wet have a lovely V tread on them :)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Think ill be getting them kumho ku31's for the new wheels, one of the only tyres in a 195-40-17 and are just over 50 quid each!

Dont know how someone managed to get their zero nero's to last 40k :| Mine were through to the chords in 13.5k! Then my toyos after that died in about 8k. Got paradas on now and i love them!

+1 the yoko parada's are very good, can be scary in the wet, but gotta be one of the best tyres £ for £ in the dry, and surprisingly good in snow (believe it or not) got a full set of 4 fitted for £275 in total. had um 6k lost all of 2mm , pretty chuffed with that considering my lead weight.

Cheers for all of the advice.

I think I am going to go for the P-Zero Nero's as i have been quoted £77 a corner, fitted.

I will keep you posted on ho I get on with them.

Thanks again!

hope it goes well,

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
TazB,

What tyres is yours wearing then?

I have been told by loads of people that the Falken 512's are really great tyres, but I figure it is best to go with a matching set of four, i.e. P-Zero Nero?

toyo t1r's on the front mate.

the car came with p zero's all round.

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Just a small update, Had the Kumho's on for about a month, through the snow and :censored: weather. All in all very pleased with them. Handles as good now as it did with previous makes. Just hope I get the milage.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Just a small update, Had the Kumho's on for about a month, through the snow and :censored: weather. All in all very pleased with them. Handles as good now as it did with previous makes. Just hope I get the milage.

I've had the Kumoho's on since I bought the car last March and just replaced the fronts after 11k (but that is on an FR TDI) Good tyre for the money really - hence when they needed replaceing, I went for another set :)

AidyB

Any more thoughts on the yoko parada 2's???? Had a few people recommend them too me and need to change my tyre's now! But abit sceptical about the wet issue! But sound really good in the dry!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Any more thoughts on the yoko parada 2's???? Had a few people recommend them too me and need to change my tyre's now! But abit sceptical about the wet issue! But sound really good in the dry!

i love em, so far have worn pretty well as well, I got mine for the equivalent £75 a corner fitted in 205/40 R17 size which i was happy with.

in the wet not so hot, but in the dry right up there with the very best

very nice pattern too (if you like that sorta thing)

DSCF0358.jpg

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i ordered up a full set of Toyo TR-1's yestrday from camskill to go on my refurbed wheels, will see how they go, i know they;re soft and won;t last forever, but at least there cheap when it comes to replacement

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I've had the Kumoho's on since I bought the car last March and just replaced the fronts after 11k (but that is on an FR TDI) Good tyre for the money really - hence when they needed replaceing, I went for another set :)

Is that the KU31 Tyres ? -

Was that with an even wear across the tyre - or was it the inner shoulder wear that caused them to need changing ?

I like the idea of the W speed rating and the 87 load index on the KU31's because it suits the heavier diesel cars.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Had toyo proxy 4's...newer tyre than T1-r and good all round tyre....just got Falken 512.....in my opinon a better tyre

P-Zero are awfull in wet and wear very quickly, i have still have them on my rears as they dont wear as quicklly as fronts...but will changing soon to have matching 512's all round

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Is that the KU31 Tyres ? -

Was that with an even wear across the tyre - or was it the inner shoulder wear that caused them to need changing ?

I like the idea of the W speed rating and the 87 load index on the KU31's because it suits the heavier diesel cars.

They are indeed the KU31 - the last pair wore evenly on the front (ish) but not so evenly on the rear, it would seem.

For £66 fitted a piece, I was happy enough to have another set.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I just ordered some Toyo TR-1s for my car, reading this thread reassure me i've bought good ones, they sound really good. Got mine for £200 for 4. seems a good buy

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
They are indeed the KU31 - the last pair wore evenly on the front (ish) but not so evenly on the rear, it would seem.

For £66 fitted a piece, I was happy enough to have another set.

What was the rear wear issue ? I've never had wear issues on the back.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.