• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

FR Mats - which ones?

marky_b

Theflyingsheep

I bought mats for my FR TDI from this company too, i went for the second link option as i have the two attachment pegs on my floor. I upgaded the to the middle option for the mats and changed my trim to yellow to match the car. The mats in my opinion are not of the origional standard leon mats but are more pleasing on the eye now with the matching colours. The heel mat also seems to be placed a little for back (maybe just my feet or driving style :shrug: )and i have worn marks after only 3-4 months of driving, because of this i'd recomend upgrading to the top option if you can afford it, might be better in the long run.

Chuy

Do you know if there is something similar to the VW GTI monster mats for the Leon? In the worst case... would they fit?

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
I am now in exactly the same boat, need some mats for a FR TDI.

I have Seat ones in my Mk1 leon, they weren't' too bad, and not too expensive. Do seat do any half decent ones for Mk2?

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
I seem to have a strange thing in the car. The passenger side has the studs in the floor well, but no sign of them in the driver side.

Have found the std mats, but don't think i've found a pic of them. However, they are quite a bit more expensive than the ones i had in my mk1, and they did definitely wear away a bit. Wasn't so bothered as they weren't major money, but would be more hacked off if the Mk2 ones did the same.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I seem to have a strange thing in the car. The passenger side has the studs in the floor well, but no sign of them in the driver side.

Have found the std mats, but don't think i've found a pic of them. However, they are quite a bit more expensive than the ones i had in my mk1, and they did definitely wear away a bit. Wasn't so bothered as they weren't major money, but would be more hacked off if the Mk2 ones did the same.

The studs usually come with the mats (if you purchase genuine SEAT ones) and screw into the floor - if you look at the carpet there will probably be some small slits which the studs screw through.

My ebay mats came with a carpet screw that just twists into the carpet to secure. Done a good job was £15 for 4. Black with red stitching and have lasted a good year and look great now.
They fit the footwell perfectly. As long as you have the right shape of mat the fixing can be taken care off with the carpet screw.

MattW35

Aug 9, 2007
Cambs
/dev/null, thanks. Just seems a tad odd that on my car I have them on one side and not the other!!

Got to decide what to do, don't really fancy splashing the cash on the genuine ones, but maybe I should as they have those screws.

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
look for "Seat Sport" ones from dealer... i got them with my cupra... they're very good... price was around EUR 55 as i remember...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.