Full throttle missfire

boltyz

Aug 22, 2008
I have been suffering from a missfire on full throttle lately. I origionaly had a coil pack go down. replaced the coil pack and all was good. the next day i started suffering from a missfire on full throttle. i replaced the remaining 3 coil packs and all the plugs. still got the same missfire though. After reading through some old threads i then removed and cleaned the lambda sensors. still no joy. I am also not getting any faults logged or eml light coming on.

i am running revo 2 and supporting mods.
any ideas please folks on what to try next. thanks.

boltyz

Aug 22, 2008
that was guna be my next plan. its less than 6 months old. and i didnt wana chuck one on and hope for the best.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
disconnect it and retry, and if its cleared it could confirm MAF.
airleaks also something to look out for on the pipework

also.. hows your pump pump? 4bar reggy I presume on revo2 - its maybe sagging and you have a lean misfire

boltyz

Aug 22, 2008
all sorted. thought id try using one of my old coilpacks and idividually replacing my new coil packs. turns out one of my new packs is faulty and is causing the missfire. runs fine with one of the old coil packs in its place.

daves ibiza

im having misfire on full throttle now only just replaced coils so im guna buy another 4 and plugs and hope for the best :(

dewsy

Hi,

Need help. I have just put a k03s turbo on my ibiza cupra mk3. When it goes above 15 psi of boost it splutters, the engine management light is on and the tcs isn't working. I have tried a new genuine MAF and the coil packs and it doesn't seem to be making any difference. The car is booked in for re-mapping on monday and need it sorting before then. Anybody got any ideas?

Hi,

Need help. I have just put a k03s turbo on my ibiza cupra mk3. When it goes above 15 psi of boost it splutters, the engine management light is on and the tcs isn't working. I have tried a new genuine MAF and the coil packs and it doesn't seem to be making any difference. The car is booked in for re-mapping on monday and need it sorting before then. Anybody got any ideas?

I would have got it remapped before going high on the boost... Not sure what else it could be... Many things! Get it on vag com ;)

dewsy

The car drove fine when I first fitted the turbo and all of sudden this problem has popped up. The car hasn't been getting any stick, just been driving it to work and back while waiting to get it re-mapped. I have the snap on fault code reader and it was showing air flow meter problems and saying that the frequency valve had a open circuit.

Talon

i have exactly the same problem with mine..

replaced coil packs, plugs, full service... still not going as it should

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
When you up the power with things like remap, turbo change etc it can stress anything that may already be weak. Sounds like something like that has hapened.

Talon

When you up the power with things like remap, turbo change etc it can stress anything that may already be weak. Sounds like something like that has hapened.

which is even more annoying because mines standard :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members