Goodyear, Falken or Bridgestone Tyres? 2 or 4?

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Need 2 tyres on the back - front 2 are ok with alot of tread left but are a brand called Achilles.

Is it best to replace all 4 and have same brand? Or will it be ok with 2 of the same type on the back and 2 of the same type on the front?

Been offered Goodyear efficient grip for £250 (4 tyres), or Bridgestone ER300 for £265 (4). Falken FR452 are £69 each, but might be able to haggle that down.

size is 205/55/16 W rated.

Vredestein Ultrac Cento for £287 (4)

Now been offered Goodyear F1 GSD3 for £280 (4)...seems to be a popular tyre on here.

Last edited:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I've had Falken 452s (205 55 16) all round for a year and a half or so and I've no complaints, I don't drive hard (just using the car around town with the occasional motorway trip)
Grip in the dry is good, not bad in the wet either can understeer if pushed in the wet but I've been very impressed with aquaplaning (or lack of) in a straight line, on several occasions have hit a lot of standing water on the motorway and it's plouged through straight and true no dramas.

After about 15-20k miles there's still plenty of tread left as well, I'd say at least 3-4mm.

Not tried any of the others you mention so can't really compare but for the price I'd definatley reccomend the Falkens.

Changing them tomorrow for some Dunlop Winter tyres (more as an experiment cause I got them cheap rather than necessity) but I'll be keeping the Falkens to put back on in the summer.

Out of the others you list I'd go for the Vredesteins, they have a very good reputation and would be my first choice if I could afford it!!

Last edited:

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Falkens would be £276, put might get them down slightly.

Gotta choice of Goodyears for good price - £250, or the Vredestrein at £287. :think:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Falkens would be £276, put might get them down slightly.

Gotta choice of Goodyears for good price - £250, or the Vredestrein at £287. :think:

right enough, sure the Falkens were much cheaper when I got them, like around £50 fitted from mytyres.co.uk

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
that was a good price!

Now they're £75.80 each! :cry:

Cheapest Falken's are from Blackcircles but would have to wait til thursday...and I can't as got a puncture in one tyre :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise