Autometer boost gauge

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
Right basically the last 2 days I have been pulling my hair out because my car has been showing around 15psi on the boost gauge at peak, now it has just sprung to my attention that when the car is switched off the needle sits at about -9 vac when im sure it should be 0, and when its running its sitting at around -19 vac, so am I right in thinking that with the needle sitting around 9 notches lower than it should when im giving it full whack it should really be showing around 24-25psi and the gauge is buggered, bearing in mind the gauge is around 3 years old and was in the car when I got it.

Somebody please help because if this is the case I am so relived because the car is actually running fine really.

Dane.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I wouldn't trust an Autometer gauge personally - if you log requested vs actual boost with VAG COM this will tell you whether there's an actual issue or not

DaneJD89

FOR SALE BBS RM 012's
Nov 13, 2009
Manchester
I wouldn't trust an Autometer gauge personally - if you log requested vs actual boost with VAG COM this will tell you whether there's an actual issue or not

My mate got a newsouth gauge for is MK4 Golf last week from Awesome should I try that one out on mine and see what it shows, because I dont have Vag-Com to hand so this would be a good sign, I am expecting to be a little down on boost as some of the vac piping is a bit shoddy and needs tidying up.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
try it! my gauge done this in my old car. unplug it and the plug it back in. it might reset its self.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.