FR TDi - drive shaft - CLUNK

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
i had a 53 plate 130 sport many years ago.

It had it probs but not annoying knocking suspension.

i really hate a car that has a prob that can't be fixed.

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
i had a 53 plate 130 sport many years ago.

It had it probs but not annoying knocking suspension.

i really hate a car that has a prob that can't be fixed.

Hmm, hopefully mine will be the CV boot and lack of grease then!! Mines a 53 plate sport and I must admit I seem to have less problems with it than the newer Ibiza's? (Touches wood!) What problems did you have with yours?

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
probs.....

CV joint (front passenger)
Passenger front speaker
Intercooler pipe knocking on Fuel filter
Boot lock jamming
Rear wash wipe pipe in winter

Chriswaite130

Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
I've had some of these problems - they're nothing major though. Mines getting looked at on the weekend I think, so hopefully I'll get a good look around and see if anything knocks. I've got a clicking sounds aswell which sounds like its down near the front right wheel which I'm hoping will be related

Chriswaite130

Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
Hmm, mines actually not that bad at the minute, was under it on the weekend and tightened the exhaust clamp up which stopped the exhaust moving about, and it hasnt made the noise since :confused: althought I dont think thats the problem!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i think this clunk is common as i have it on some occassions when pulling away, its very infrequent but it is definately there. These facelift ibiza's seem to fall apart quite readily dont they (and by chance especially the red ones.....)

thats quiet some list you have there, what mileage did they all start?? 6000?? how many miles has it done now??

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
probs.....

CV joint (front passenger)
Passenger front speaker
Intercooler pipe knocking on Fuel filter
Boot lock jamming
Rear wash wipe pipe in winter

Hey some snaps :blink:

Boot lock failing
rear wash pipe off

Oh and mine shudders like hell on tickover when the temp hits 80 deg until really warm :confused:

But 5700 miles and no clunks :whistle: yet

Chriswaite130

Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
Hey some snaps :blink:

Boot lock failing
rear wash pipe off

Oh and mine shudders like hell on tickover when the temp hits 80 deg until really warm :confused:

But 5700 miles and no clunks :whistle: yet

I've had these - but the rear wash pipe is an easy fix, and the boot lock only stopped working on cold winter mornings (was fine when I went to Aviemore in Feb and it was -17 degrees! :shrug:) Its worked fine when it got warmer though. I dont have a shudder though?

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
boot lock was down to tolerances of materials
when warm they expand and the paddle thingy inside the boot lid gets jammed in it's mating part and thus jamming.

not had it with recent car it was my 53 plate that suffered there.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I've had these - but the rear wash pipe is an easy fix, and the boot lock only stopped working on cold winter mornings (was fine when I went to Aviemore in Feb and it was -17 degrees! :shrug:) Its worked fine when it got warmer though. I dont have a shudder though?

Dont start me on the shudder :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.