APU head on my LCR!!!!!

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
Hi

with ref to your se-sale value

get a dremil or small sander & file off the apu code off the head , restamp in "bam" in it , as most heads are teh same & are interchangable , its performing & loosk like a bam lump if you restamp its a bam lump :)

or leave blank as new or factory recon heads dont come stamped :)

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Hi

with ref to your se-sale value

get a dremil or small sander & file off the apu code off the head , restamp in "bam" in it , as most heads are teh same & are interchangable , its performing & loosk like a bam lump if you restamp its a bam lump :)

or leave blank as new or factory recon heads dont come stamped :)

Why, just tell the potential buyer its been changed, if you have recipts for work whats the problem, just to be safe, get a dyno done and have proof there in the prinout.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Totally baffled by all this, but it's good to see it has a fairly happy ending for the old girl.. If you think it performs well now RIck, wait till you switch the Revo back on.. LOL
It's still the fastest Stage 1 LCR to go down Pod mate AFAIK too..[B)] :D

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Totally baffled by all this, but it's good to see it has a fairly happy ending for the old girl.. If you think it performs well now RIck, wait till you switch the Revo back on.. LOL
It's still the fastest Stage 1 LCR to go down Pod mate AFAIK too..[B)] :D

Well I'm happier than I was a few days ago anyway. Thinking clearly about it and asking peoples advice on it has settled my mind.
So just the little things to get sorted i.e. slight oil leak and rear zorst bracket.

I just missed out on an SPS1 switch cuz of waiting to find out what was happening with the car. Gutted as it was a great price aswell. Oh well I'm sure another one will pop up somewhere.

Out of interest Ben was it just the Revo that was done on it for the stage 1?

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Well after being told by the SEAT dealer of a potential oil leak which needs further investigation and telling the garage where I bought it from about they were willing for me to take it to an independent garage to have it looked at.
Decided on Volkscraft in Exeter run by Matthew Smith. Nice guy and has a good reputation.

He discovered the oil leak is coming from the back of the cylinder head. :( Freah oil from the looks of it aswell. So he had washed it off and left it running for an hour on hight tickover. Nothing appeared to come back. But he has advised to run it for a month and take it back to have a look.
Spoke with the garage where I bought it and they were happy to get it sorted if it is a problem. So at least they seem like there willing to do something.

What are the chances of it showing signs of leakage in a month?

If it does need another replacement head I will insist on a BAM thats for sure.