Derv Newb' Question

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
I find that my Ibiza Sport takes a while to warm up, certainly not warm by 3 miles.

Why not get a Mk3 ibiza tdi sport (110bhp) alot cheaper, and still fun to drive (Never driven one mind :lol: )

For £7k you'd get a very nice ibiza, picked mine up for £4200 with 68k on clock (130 tdi sport)

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
I find that my Ibiza Sport takes a while to warm up, certainly not warm by 3 miles.

Why not get a Mk3 ibiza tdi sport (110bhp) alot cheaper, and still fun to drive (Never driven one mind :lol: )

For £7k you'd get a very nice ibiza, picked mine up for £4200 with 68k on clock (130 tdi sport)

i had a mk3 tdi sport 110 in mandarina metallic (bronze)

loved that car - really rare and quite fast when chipped

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
For 3 miles each way a day, why not keep the LCR and buy a bike?

3 miles is nothing - with traffic the way it is normally you'd probably be quicker too.

A diesel engine is never going to get even close to warming up in 3 miles (same goes for petrol really) - won't be doing the engine any favours at all.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Wahey Tim

One of the local LCR Boys coming back to Ibiza ownership

If i was you id get the PD160 Cupra , get it mapped up , will make the commute enjoyable

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
mine belonged to mechanic from garage before me.

Loved it but greed for more power and the fact i crashed it pushed me towards the
mk4 130pd sport

For 3 miles each way a day, why not keep the LCR and buy a bike?

3 miles is nothing - with traffic the way it is normally you'd probably be quicker too.

A diesel engine is never going to get even close to warming up in 3 miles (same goes for petrol really) - won't be doing the engine any favours at all.

but like i say a bike certainly is always practical. Distance wise would be an issue, 20 mins tops but there are other factors.

And like i say i don't want the LCR to sit on the drive to be used two days a week. I'd rather sell it , buy a car for £2k and pocket the rest but i don't really want to take a step backwards. Thinking about it im telling to distances from my parents house, my new house is about 5/6 mile. A may just get a smaller engine petrol but i'm thinking whats nippy and fairly cheap cost wise, i'm thinking maybe Polo GTi :headhurt:

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
i do about 5miles to work wich takes under 15min now during the summer the engine was warmed up by the time i got half way there so mpg was good if i never stopped. but now its gettin colder the engine hasnt reached 90 by the time i get to work so bad mpg.

I was thinking that when i got my Ibiza. I love the look of them etc... But bloody hell they are expensive for what they are. The Mk4? has gearbox issues which cost a fair wack to get sorted.

Maybe a Mk3 Ibiza 1.8T Or dare i say it... A Renault Clio Sport (now thet are cheap!)

Yeah MK4, i was even thinking Lupo GTi but you don't seem to get a lot of car for the money.

It is a tricky one, could do with borrowing a diesel for a week to see how it responds. Sometimes how it responds to you to how someone tells you it does can be miles apart, suppose there are a lot of factors that could effect the end result :)

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
I cant see you having any gains from going diesel if its only short journeys of 3 miles each way per day.

How about a cupra petrol Mk4 obviously.

I get around 28-30mpg just running around locally and driving sensible. Can get 35-38Mpg on the morotrway cruising at 70mph.

I cant see you having any gains from going diesel if its only short journeys of 3 miles each way per day.

How about a cupra petrol Mk4 obviously.

I get around 28-30mpg just running around locally and driving sensible. Can get 35-38Mpg on the morotrway cruising at 70mph.

but then whats the point to changing, my Cupra R which is 265bhp gets 30mpg now and good motorway mileage but i want something that will do low 40's if possible. Thats why i'm thinking Polo GTi, ok, not as powerful but fairly light so it should still have a bit of a kick. Plus the added bonus is i'm not so concerned about power, lowering, looks anymore but the praticalities and running costs.

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
but then whats the point to changing, my Cupra R which is 265bhp gets 30mpg now and good motorway mileage but i want something that will do low 40's if possible. Thats why i'm thinking Polo GTi, ok, not as powerful but fairly light so it should still have a bit of a kick. Plus the added bonus is i'm not so concerned about power, lowering, looks anymore but the praticalities and running costs.

Thats not a bad shout to be fair, you thinking of the 1.6 GTI then?

Ive always liked them, a mate had one for a while and there pretty nippy.

I would imagine tax and running costs would be low too.

How about an A3 TDI, you can pick a early model up for a couple of grand now.

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
Thats not a bad shout to be fair, you thinking of the 1.6 GTI then?

Ive always liked them, a mate had one for a while and there pretty nippy.

I would imagine tax and running costs would be low too.

How about an A3 TDI, you can pick a early model up for a couple of grand now.

my 8L A3 was awesome........loved that car - pics in my album thingy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.