seat fitment for my leon

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
would a set of golf mk4 front and rear seats fit straight into my 2002 leon. says its from a 3 door but surley they should still fit my 5 door, right?

thanks for any help.

ken

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I fitted mine last month, very easy job but the airbag multiblocks are different......if you have airbags.

Easily sorted out tho :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Passenger seat wiring;

Loom Brown to Airbag Brown
Loom Blue to Airbag Blue
Loom White to Airbag Black

Drivers side;

Loom brown to airbag brown
Loom white to airbag blue
Loom green to airback black

I was lucky enough to sell my seats to someone who didnt need air bags so I cut the multi blocks off my old seats and joined them to the new ones.

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
quality, thanks for the help mate. anything else i should know. can you get the connects anywhere else apart fron the OEM seats?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Just cut both connectors off and use bullet connectors.

I was told not to solder as it could slightly change the resistance....how true this is I don't know.

Are they heated? if they are this is a bit more work as you need the carpets up to run the loom through.

If not its a very very easy swap.

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Just cut both connectors off and use bullet connectors.

I was told not to solder as it could slightly change the resistance....how true this is I don't know.

Are they heated? if they are this is a bit more work as you need the carpets up to run the loom through.

If not its a very very easy swap.

Cheers pal, nah there not heated.

LOL, yeah wish i could afford a set of R32 ones. the golf recaros are still a step up from the cupra ones.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Being a bit anal about such things, it would bug me having the 3-door tilts in a 5-door car so I'd have held out for a set of 5-door Recaro's though!! I bought a complete interior with door cards etc a few years back for a Golf I had (Grey on black) for £400 from our fave auction site. Really good seats and worth the change over. Had to change the plugs too - all of 10 mins work using soldered connections and heat shrink over the joint and no issues with airbag lights.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Being a bit anal about such things, it would bug me having the 3-door tilts in a 5-door car so I'd have held out for a set of 5-door Recaro's though!! I bought a complete interior with door cards etc a few years back for a Golf I had (Grey on black) for £400 from our fave auction site. Really good seats and worth the change over. Had to change the plugs too - all of 10 mins work using soldered connections and heat shrink over the joint and no issues with airbag lights.

Thats what I done...held out for a 5 door set....they come up more than you think :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.