LCR tracking and traction control light

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Had 4 new tyres yesterday and the tracking done - apparently it was quite out. But when driving off the car pulled to the left and the steering wheel was not centred for the car to go straight, I had to hold it at an angle. Couldn't gp back at the time to fix it as the garage was shutting. Then the traction control light came on a few times and now it won't go off.

Going to go back to the garage to have the tracking re-done, but what about the light? Will re-tracking the car fix this too !?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Sounds like you got a seriously shoddy job there.
Not too sure why the light has come on.
If you hadn't just changed the tyres I would have said it was different tread depths.
Check these have been fitted correctly, if there directional check they are on the right way.
TBH what you have said so far I wouldn't have much trust on any part of the job being correct.
Steering wheel alignment is basic alignment stuff

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Tyres all seem fitted correctly, think the wheel must not have been centred when they did the tracking. Will report back once they have taken a look at it at lunch.

Will I need to have the fault reset do you know to clear the light (assuming nothing is broken...)?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Tyres all seem fitted correctly, think the wheel must not have been centred when they did the tracking. Will report back once they have taken a look at it at lunch.

Will I need to have the fault reset do you know to clear the light (assuming nothing is broken...)?

No, the light will go out after a bit (but fault code will remain until cleared)

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Got the tracking re-done. Wheel is centre now, but car still pulls to the left a bit, but to be honest it did that before anyway...

But - the light is still permenantly on. Any ideas people?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Have you checked your pad wear sensor?
Have you checked your ABS ring?
ABS sensor?
If all good then try VAG com for faults

AUTO EMOTION

Traction control light may be ecu being unhappy with steering angle sensor reading.

In deed G85 is out of aligment,
the system has detected that your steering weel angle was out off specifited value whilst both front wheels speed is the same.
you may need G85 basic setings.

collins

Sep 29, 2009
Ettington,Warwickshire
i had this on mine last week when i replaced a ball joint,fitted it,put the steering out and the esp light on.Had it vag com'd and we found the fault to be because the steering wheel was out and the steering angle had a mechanical error,ie the wheel was turned too much and the car thought it was going round a permanent corner,all tracked up and the wheel is straight now,and the light went off

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members