Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Stolen from another forum. Inside the Armrest:

divers001ua7.jpg

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Is it a simple fit? local dealer wants £110 and would fit for free apparently takes 1.5 hrs, ha ha!
Do you have use of a small battery drill? You drill a small pilot hole for each screw, with a drill bit provided, and then use a philips screwdriver and turn in the screws. 6 of them if i remember correctly.

Really very easy! Do not get a dealer to fit if you are confident with a screw driver, although it could be hassel free for you. Will take you 10 mins.

Also, David @ seremotors is very well spoke of on here for parts. A dealer in NI, but you will not find parts cheaper in the mainland UK.

He got mine for £105 delivered to my door.

Ask him here:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

Goat-boy

I added an arm rest in my FR.

Am very pleased with it, use it all the time. Storage spare is handy and it gives you somewhere to hide the mp3 player.

I think there are two versions, one with a hole for the aux and one without.
I don't find it gets in the way of the handbreak. The plasic the "box" is made out of does not seem to match the consule, but meh.

It is dead easy to fit. It comes with all the parts and instructions.
Simply plonk the arm rest on top of the consule. Make pilot marks for the screws. Screw down. apply fiddly foam to the bottom. re-apply fiddly foam to the bottom (repeat until bored or no longer tacky).

Then rest arm and look "pimped".

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.