How did you fit your arm rest

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I screwed mine in.. Makes the interior so much better! It doesn't really match the FR interior, however I saw one guy on here had coloured all the red dots black and it looked a lot better! Might have to do that myself..

I have been considering this armrest for some time as a result of several threads on SCN.
Being nervous about the final look of the armrest in my TFSI FR, virtually totally devoid of any red upholstery whatsoever, there seem to be more
questions than answers regarding the Seat Armrest.

Should I colour it in, reupholster, or spend my £100 and hope for the best?

If I hope for the best should I stick it on, screw it on or reverse engineer it and attach it to my left elbow?

Once I have decided on fitting will I be able to operate the handbrake, change gear (not really an issue as I have paddles), get my drinks in?

Decisions, decisions...... all easily solved by Seat or someone coming up with a fit for purpose, colour co-ordinated, well designed product at a
reasonable price to satisfy what seems huge market demand!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
I half coloured mine in when I got bored in work today, but it was too hot sitting in my car so gave up halfway through! I'll try finish the rest off tomorrow but so far I think it looks a lot better! :)

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I half coloured mine in when I got bored in work today, but it was too hot sitting in my car so gave up halfway through! I'll try finish the rest off tomorrow but so far I think it looks a lot better! :)

Using?........... have you got a "dotty" sleeve elbow now :D

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
Here is mine modified armrest, all in black :) But I had to spent an hour to cover all red dots with black permanent marker :) I´ve made that two year ago and it still looks the same ...

In the spirit of making this modification, I ve also modified inside of the armrest and passangers glovebox. You can see result bellow.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I stuck mine in with Sellotape outdoor sticky fixers (ones for number plates) and never budged when driving. Glad i used them cos i've just taken it out to sell and theres no damage to with the center console or the armrest.

bizzaboy

It matches @@@@ all in the FR interior wise, ive been trying to find a decent alternative but alas no joy, Seat used to do an italian leather version but they are not available in the Uk unfortunately...

That's when you have to get creative, and start searching/buying on (foreign) E-Bay sites. ;)

Deleted member 39194

Well after having it fitted to my car for the last couple of weeks with double sided tape just incase I didn't like it ;) I eventually got the other half to screw it done for me yesterday :D!
Love it, money well spent!! DO IT.... Buy 1 if you don't already have :lol:!

Claire x

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members