mad cams

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Thanx will keep that in mind before I do ought, remaps dont seem worth it when running N/A.

yeah when i spoke to guy in the place that does remaps in my town im only looking at around 10 bhp increase, but you get more gain from your cams as they will be runnin really good.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
hot cams dont work with a stock abf or adl ecu - even a remapped one - the stock ecu uses a map sensor for fuelling and uprated cams mess this up totally - you will be wasting your money unlkess you move to standalone ecu with throttle position sensor/rpm/temp for fuelling

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
I see, I have to decide which duration to go for I would still like it to be drivable round town etc.

welll..ive got cams in mine at the mo, kent ones. The only downfall ive found sooo far with them is the fuel consumption which cos im still running the standard ecu is (problem solved when you get mapped) erm...car runns quite rich on idle too (solved when mapped) lol but you definatly notice the perfomance increase with cams. il make a video and post it on youtube of what cams do on idle, hope this helps.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
welll..ive got cams in mine at the mo, kent ones. The only downfall ive found sooo far with them is the fuel consumption which cos im still running the standard ecu is (problem solved when you get mapped) erm...car runns quite rich on idle too (solved when mapped) lol but you definatly notice the perfomance increase with cams. il make a video and post it on youtube of what cams do on idle, hope this helps.

not solved by map tho most likely.. as its not mappable on lambda control, which it gets upset by seeing wider duration/overlap cam..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.