pros & cons of kent cams?

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
can anyone with a cammed engine tell me what the pros n cons are with having them cammed? like performance or fuel efficiency, or exhaust emissions or whatever etc.... thanks :)

Sloggs

Never had one myself but those who i know that have had lumpy idle and low rev issues.

However when screaming you get more powwwwwwwwwwwwer and an increase in fuel usage ;)

sounds very much like my car..... how does one know if such a thing has been fitted by a previous owner??

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
take the cam cover off, id have a 8v gti and a 16v and both dont tick over "smoothy" its just how they are, with a cam youd definatly notice it though. probably smell quite rich through the exhaust when ticking over too.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
take the cam cover off, id have a 8v gti and a 16v and both dont tick over "smoothy" its just how they are, with a cam youd definatly notice it though. probably smell quite rich through the exhaust when ticking over too.

i was just wondering as i when i got my corby its got kent cams fitted and it does feel a bit lumpy on idle and smells quite rich through the exhaust, i was just wondering if this is because of the cams fitted.

Sloggs

I've just been and had a look and its a no, nevermind.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members