anyone thought of doing this before.......

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
as the back panels of the back seats were a bit damaged i carpeted them with some of the left over carpet from the stealth shelf

first pop the cover off

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Lots of spray glue

P1010032.jpg

Cut a piece of carpet and throw on

P1010033.jpg

trim down

P1010034.jpg

re assemble

P1010035.jpg

The finished pair!

P1010036.jpg

Thoughts??

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
erm not sure as not put them in yet but they match the stealth shelf and the only carpet in the boot is on the floor so should look good

_AJ_

Rex
Apr 13, 2008
Colchester, Essex.

I like it alot, very inventive, as these are the kind of things I want to do in my car.. it has got my brain ticking. :)
Post a picture up when you've got them in the car.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
will do later! had to order a couple of retaining clips which hold the seat to the centre bracket as i broke them!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
that looks rather neat that, fair play

got any left - the lower 1/4 panels would look good done too and finish it off a treat

bassfreak

bass makes me smile
Jun 21, 2009
mansfield
looks good do they just pop off i just got some camo cloth and doing my shelf camo just gave me and idear to do that

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
looks good do they just pop off i just got some camo cloth and doing my shelf camo just gave me and idear to do that

you will need to remove the seat to do it. to do this there is 2 metal clips it the centre at the bottom of the seats (might be worth getting spares as one of them broke when i took them out) and then there is a catchy thing on the ends of the seat (at the bottom also). once released them tjust lift out. the to remove the seat covers you need to pop off the plastic trims of the seat, then slide a trim removal tool between the seat covor and the metal backing and level the cover off all the way round. strech the cover round the holes for the head rest supports and then you have split them! just use lots of spay glue and stick the carpet/cloth to the metal backing. when you cut it make sure there is enough for the edge to tuck in the lip where the seat cover clips in. to reassemble is easy just do what you did to split them preety much. with the extra thickness of the carpet/cloth you might have to tap the cover on with a small hammer to get it to clip in.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
How easy are they to get the backs off ? My new seats have bent from too much camping stuff on them over the weekend :(

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
How easy are they to get the backs off ? My new seats have bent from too much camping stuff on them over the weekend :(

thats not good! shame i had to give the national a miss this time dueto work:cry:

its quite easy once you figure out how to remove them.

you will need to remove the seat to do it. to do this there is 2 metal clips it the centre at the bottom of the seats (might be worth getting spares as one of them broke when i took them out) and then there is a catchy thing on the ends of the seat (at the bottom also). once released them tjust lift out. the to remove the seat covers you need to pop off the plastic trims of the seat, then slide a trim removal tool between the seat covor and the metal backing and level the cover off all the way round. strech the cover round the holes for the head rest supports and then you have split them! just use lots of spay glue and stick the carpet/cloth to the metal backing. when you cut it make sure there is enough for the edge to tuck in the lip where the seat cover clips in. to reassemble is easy just do what you did to split them preety much. with the extra thickness of the carpet/cloth you might have to tap the cover on with a small hammer to get it to clip in.

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I just want to bend them back not cover them. I removed the seats to put the new ones in so thats easy, I can do that - just wasnt sure how the metal backs came off the pads.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I just want to bend them back not cover them. I removed the seats to put the new ones in so thats easy, I can do that - just wasnt sure how the metal backs came off the pads.

just a case of using a trim tool to gently pry them up round the edges if that makes sence

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.