Ambient Temperature

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Does anyone happen to know where the Ambient Temperature display gets it reading from on the car...........or in plain English where is the sensor located?

pacm0n

Dec 15, 2008
DERBYSHIRE
Ive been told that on some cars there is a little sensor on the dash near the windscreen between the windscreen blowers that contribute to the reading, cant see how this is true though as it would just read the in car temp :shrug:

The reading isnt 100% accurate anyway so it could be mounted near the bumper.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Ive been told that on some cars there is a little sensor on the dash near the windscreen between the windscreen blowers that contribute to the reading, cant see how this is true though as it would just read the in car temp :shrug:

The reading isnt 100% accurate anyway so it could be mounted near the bumper.

The sensor/sensors in between the front window demisters are sunlight sensors - this is how the car knows to increase the airflow to your face when the sun comes out

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
This is the ambient temp sensor

Leonfront.jpg

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
i would have thought a sunlight (LUX) sensor would have been more to do with the auto lights switching.

If you have the auto lights, the sensor is located behind the rear view mirror.

With auto lights and wipers on my car, I have two sensors behind the mirror against the screen - one for the auto lights and one rain sensor for the wipers. Then there are two sensors built into the rear view mirror for the auto dimming function.

Finally, there are two sensors on the dash between the demister vents for the climate control system - you'll notice that single zone systems (like the Ibiza FR's) only have one of these sensors and on non-climate cars there is a plastic plug in the space instead.

Deleted member 23024

With auto lights and wipers on my car, I have two sensors behind the mirror against the screen - one for the auto lights and one rain sensor for the wipers. Then there are two sensors built into the rear view mirror for the auto dimming function.

This is not true of the Leon the auto light and rain sensor is located at the top of the passenger side of the winder screen as the wipers are in different position to normal cars

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the answers guys................
I have to confess to getting mighty confused this week as the Ambient Temperature matches my Petrol MPG when flicking through the MFD :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.