Missing bits on brake disc

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Last night i went for a drive in my car and since my ds2500 pads are nicely bedded in, i did a lot of hard braking to try them out, got to a point where the brakes were smoking, so i went to the nearest garage and took a look. On the passanger left side i saw this in the brake disc, picture down below-

20062009470.jpg

Has anyone come across this before, as the garage where i got the car serviced 2 months ago said the brake dics's are good for another 8,000 miles. Im a bit concerned about going back out in the car until i find out what it is:confused:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I wouldn't use them either. New discs time, at least you can get a nice new set to go with the pads :)

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Are EBCs turbo groove brake discs anygood as i have found some on POTN.COM. The diametre of the disc is 323mm, which i think is the right size. Total cost comes to £198.96 which includes free next day delivery

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Have a speak to bill he maybe get you some good stuff nice and cheap and he knows what he is talking about.
Post in the badger 5 section

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looks like an inclusion in the casting.
Bin before you wreck your pads.
A garage would never be able to see this, you need an x-ray to find these

NickT

Mar 29, 2004
LB, Beds
Did you buy the discs?
If so might be worth going back to the vendor or contacting the manufacturer for some sort of recompense?

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
No i didnt, the disc's were brand new when i bought the car nearly 2 years ago. The lip on the disc is only just over 1mm. So there must of been a fault in the manufacture of that disc as the drivers one is fine. Im now going to replace the front disc's as soon as possible, as everyone knows having working brakes is more important than anything else

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
while ya there check the calipers slider etc, as that will cause uneven wear also

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.