k&n apollo

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
i kept the bottom part of the air box in for a couple of reasons......if the filter does fall off (which is has before....not great deal of connection from the maf) then it will just fall into the box! and like you said a kind of heat shield, going to drill a hole in the side to run a new air feed......the main reason it is still there was because it was raining and i couldnt be hooped removing the lot ha ha

yeah took me 6 months to find a yellow one.....ended up getting it from chester.....and i live in Aberdeen! what mods have you done to yours? where bouts west midlands you from?

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
i kept the bottom part of the air box in for a couple of reasons......if the filter does fall off (which is has before....not great deal of connection from the maf) then it will just fall into the box! and like you said a kind of heat shield, going to drill a hole in the side to run a new air feed......the main reason it is still there was because it was raining and i couldnt be hooped removing the lot ha ha

yeah took me 6 months to find a yellow one.....ended up getting it from chester.....and i live in Aberdeen! what mods have you done to yours? where bouts west midlands you from?

Thats fair enough, good idea tbf. I aint done any yet, not had the car that long, but then about a month after i got it my mrs decided she wanted to move and the rest is history, been busy trying to keep on top with the Mortgage and the credit crunch situation. But all has blown over now so its back to concentrating on my first love :D

Got some bits planned for over the next few months, hopefully get in all done in time for me re-map in September. :funk:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The pipe that goes into the side of the airbox what is this? Is it just and auxilary air pipe?. I just wondering what to do with it when i ditch the airbox and put the cone filter there. Have people just left this sitting there so its redundant??

Cheers

Its part of the SAI (Secondary Air Intake). I have ripped mine out so dont have that problem :D

Remove the whole aribox for better air flow. You will need to make a little bracket to support the filter to stop it from sagging down.

i bought a "oil brether filter" 18mm OD neck i think, from ebay.....£5 or something like that!

Thats what I would of done if I still had a SAI.

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
Its part of the SAI (Secondary Air Intake). I have ripped mine out so dont have that problem :D

Remove the whole aribox for better air flow. You will need to make a little bracket to support the filter to stop it from sagging down.

Thats what I would of done if I still had a SAI.

Yeah i will knock summat up at work, you just drilled into the side of the bay to bolt the bracket on?

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
Thats a piece of p*** then.

Im gonna rip it all out this weekend so i can have a good look at whats there, get my breather and cone tomoz hopefully all being well.

Im gonna get the same cone as you got Damo, is it loud?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Thats a piece of p*** then.

Im gonna rip it all out this weekend so i can have a good look at whats there, get my breather and cone tomoz hopefully all being well.

Im gonna get the same cone as you got Damo, is it loud?

Good stuff.

Its not too loud, but with the Forge TIP and 007p it realy sounds great. Some nice sucking noises as it starts to spool up :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.