k&n apollo

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
I Just replaced my green cotten panel filter for an open cone....went for a universal Jetex with a 20 degree elbow in red £50 or something ( so it sits in the bottom part of the airbox) only thing i would comment on, make sure u have a good cold air feed....dunno bout the rest of the cupra guys but the cone does get warm! not noticed a drop in power due to it tho!

What a difference the noise is with the 007p and cone :)....still got the std TIP.....for now! ;)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I Just replaced my green cotten panel filter for an open cone....went for a universal Jetex with a 20 degree elbow in red £50 or something ( so it sits in the bottom part of the airbox) only thing i would comment on, make sure u have a good cold air feed....dunno bout the rest of the cupra guys but the cone does get warm! not noticed a drop in power due to it tho!

What a difference the noise is with the 007p and cone :)....still got the std TIP.....for now! ;)

Dont realy need a cold air feed due to the Seat Sport cooler being so efficiant.

My filter stays cold to touch...

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
could be handy. did you use big jubilee clips or the stregthened ones that ive seen for sale somewhere? mainly worried about the main one that bolts to the turbo.

Just some good quality stainless stell jubilee clips. Had no problems and its been on for about a year. I'll have a look in the loft after work tomorrow for you mate..

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
The pipe that goes into the side of the airbox what is this? Is it just and auxilary air pipe?. I just wondering what to do with it when i ditch the airbox and put the cone filter there. Have people just left this sitting there so its redundant??

Cheers

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
The pipe that goes into the side of the airbox what is this? Is it just and auxilary air pipe?. I just wondering what to do with it when i ditch the airbox and put the cone filter there. Have people just left this sitting there so its redundant??

Cheers

i bought a "oil brether filter" 18mm OD neck i think, from ebay.....£5 or something like that!

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
i bought a "oil brether filter" 18mm OD neck i think, from ebay.....£5 or something like that!

That aint a bad ideal actually, might put summat like that on there.

Did you cable tie it to anything to keep the pipe from moving around?:

Ripseed probably do summat at a reasonable price.

By The way lovin your cupra mate. :D

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
this is what i bought......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18mm-Mini-Mot...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

yeah i put a little hole in the bottom part of the air box and cable tie around the pipe....the 18mm breather is still a bit too small O.D so i just wrapped it in electrical tape to bulk the OD a bit....so much that i didnt need a jubilee clip :)

thanks bud.....wish i had the money to spend more on it......have to say the cupra does look awesome in the grey colour...spot on!

Proff_CUPRA 180

Jun 12, 2008
West Midlands
this is what i bought......http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18mm-Mini-Mot...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

yeah i put a little hole in the bottom part of the air box and cable tie around the pipe....the 18mm breather is still a bit too small O.D so i just wrapped it in electrical tape to bulk the OD a bit....so much that i didnt need a jubilee clip :)

thanks bud.....wish i had the money to spend more on it......have to say the cupra does look awesome in the grey colour...spot on!

See i was gonna remove the airbox completly, is this the wrong thing to do or is it just a matter of choice? I take your using the bottom half of the air box as a heat shield?

Cheers mate, yeah i love the colour personally think it looks proper stealthy. I spent months trying to find a cupra in good conditon and with low mileage, had my heart set on the Platinum grey but yellow was definatly my second choice, makes it look looney if ya know what i mean ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members