Ibiza Mk4 cupra 1.8 T,What can i do to get over 250 bhp

VAG-Veteran

i Have just bought an ibiza Cupra Mk4 and want to know what i can do to get it over 250 bhp in order to compete with my best mates 270 bhp Leon Cupra R.

Please Help

May 29, 2008
Aberdeenshire
you may have an advantage with weight, the leon does look heavier

if not take out the spare tyre :p

With a decent map u will scare him....dont think the std turbos can take much more than 240BHP (correct me if im wrong anyone) so if u want more its going to mean big bucks!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
:confused:am i right in saying that there is only one BT mk4 cupra?! :confused:

I only know of one on here, Rash cupra who had a IHIon running 320bhp. He sold it to another member (I believe it is up for sale again) but the other member dont come on very much.

You coulg get over 250bhp from a k03s if you had all the usual stuff to get ~240bhp and added a high flow mani and WMI.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Another member on here Rich.... with a black cupra has had the hybrid done (his turbo let go a couple of months back).... but he's had some problems, which has been related to.... engine mounts.

Yeh, had a few issues :( As said, engine mounts need to be uprated really but I can't afford them as yet. The dogbone mount should solve most of my issues, but as noone makes uprated engine mounts its custom jobbies from VT. I may try the Cupra TDi mounts before I go for VT ones though.

How are you getting on with the manifold btw Ric?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Yeh, had a few issues :( As said, engine mounts need to be uprated really but I can't afford them as yet. The dogbone mount should solve most of my issues, but as noone makes uprated engine mounts its custom jobbies from VT. I may try the Cupra TDi mounts before I go for VT ones though.

How are you getting on with the manifold btw Ric?

Not fitted it yet as I needed the car to get me to Newcastle for the past 5 weeks (work related). So not had time to fit it yet. But done some modifications to the manifold, just need to trail fit it. Back to my usual work place staring from next week… so then I can keep it of the road for as long as I like.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.