big bhp for Cupra

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Igor23 has an autotech in his and has nothing but praise for it so far.

Good to heard that !!

KMDs upgraded internals and with KMDs bigger injectors it gives even more pressure/flow than AutoTech and APR HPFP versions, so that could be good for BT kits.....

APR says also that their upgraded HPFP is good for up to 500hp, of course with bigger injectors than Cupra OEMs... :) Maybe with KMDs injectors it could works for BT kits with right software or just buy KMDs whole fuel kit :)

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good to heard that !!

KMDs upgraded internals and with KMDs bigger injectors it gives even more pressure/flow than AutoTech and APR HPFP versions, so that could be good for BT kits.....

APR says also that their upgraded HPFP is good for up to 500hp, of course with bigger injectors than Cupra OEMs... :) Maybe with KMDs injectors it could works for BT kits with right software or just buy KMDs whole fuel kit :)

If you go down the BT route thats handy, but I would doubt many will bother when the car is under 3 years old, especially as they are likely to make 340bhp on the standard turbo :)

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
If you go down the BT route thats handy, but I would doubt many will bother when the car is under 3 years old, especially as they are likely to make 340bhp on the standard turbo :)

Yes you are right, that there is not so many "mad" that makes that kind of modifications for under 1-3 years old car :p

My Cupra has right now approx. 2100km on cauge at the moment and I'm not afraid to do everything I can or I could to get "better" Cupra for better driving experiences :p BT kits could be possible and maybe APR Stage 3 if I think that K04 is too "less", but first Cupra have to handle those upgraded powerlevels with K04 and if it can handle with better suspension solutions, LCD, engine mounts etc.... Then it could have permissions to go for BT kits :D but not yet heh => or I Change car :p

Power is nothing without Control :p

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Who would go BT when the car is still in Warranrty, silly people!!! :rolleyes:

True, but when the warranty is over my feelings about for the car could be over :p

We are different, but its only car and I dont buy that kind of car to get A to B ... Its hobby for me :)

2.0 TFSI engine also have limits and when you want more and more its better sometimes to change the whole car for something else than go further with the same .. :)

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Who would go BT when the car is still in Warranrty, silly people!!! :rolleyes:

Lol!

S'pose the difference is that realistically, there is going to be approx 40bhp between a sorted Cupra and the Stage 3 rather than 100bhp or so between a stage 2 FR TFSi and stage 3:)

Cant wait to see your car bud...

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Lol!

S'pose the difference is that realistically, there is going to be approx 40bhp between a sorted Cupra and the Stage 3 rather than 100bhp or so between a stage 2 FR TFSi and stage 3:)

Cant wait to see your car bud...

Yep you are right...

Cupra with K04 + mods could give something like 320-350hp and offer lightning fast spool response, which also gives that max torque in 3000rpm+ area.

APR Stage 3 without RaceProgram (100oct = 104-105RON oct) its something like 380-385hp from the clutch and it takes some time to spool.. The K04 give also more torque and sooner than Stage 3 can offer.

So mine opinion is that if you have already K04 inside and under the bonnet you could install Stage 3 but the real benefit of that is just then when you are starting to use RafeFuel program. Still that system needs more time to spool and dont give OEM like driving experience which K04 can offer... With RaceProgram you could have allmost 450hp from the clutch, but that needs RaceFuel or Watermethanol Injection system.

We both of have K04 under the bonnet and I'm also going to keep that under the bonnet :) It just needs more mods and something else like LSD with correct suspension system.

Last edited:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
If you compare the graph of a maxed out k04 and a gt2871, im sure its better with the gt2871, its not all about peak figures. Why have 50hp if it only lasts for 100rpm?

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
If you compare the graph of a maxed out k04 and a gt2871, im sure its better with the gt2871, its not all about peak figures. Why have 50hp if it only lasts for 100rpm?

Yes you are right that GT2871 show benefits when comparing K04vs2871 dynygraphs between and the situations is racetrack, when rpms dont go usually lower than 4000rpms. It gives sooner same power than K04 could give with highest/max rpms area. Maybe I still in future do upgrade and go with Stage 3 with RaceProgram I dont know, we will see that, but first all out what K04 can offer to Cupra :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005

You are right bud and you hit the nail on head. As far as I can see, the only downside to BT is spooling point but this would only be an issue for a lazy driver on the road (ie cant be bothered to change down a gear :)).

Like I said before I cant wait to see what a fast Leon is really like and am really looking forward to going in yours :)

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
I think it shows the map may need a bit of a tweak by APR. They have spent more time with the Ed30. They did hands on work with it when they were over at Awesome earlier in the year. They didn't look at the Cupra.

But the power is as smooth as you like.

Mark do you know if Apr have tweaked the cupra map at all ?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mark do you know if Apr have tweaked the cupra map at all ?

Not to my knowledge, trouble is this engine isn't available in the states so their development has not really focused on it. They were concentrating more on the TSI stuff in recent months.

Though they have developed and introduced their own S3/Edition30/Cupra kit for converting 197hp TFSi cars in the states and for here too in to the higher output variant.

I don't know if or when they will look at developing it further. Would be nice to see if developed further, though it may involve them coming back over to the UK and spending some time working on the code with a donor car. Unless Jim can maybe do it on the Dyno and on-road logs and send the data to the states.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members