Debadging

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
I am wanting to debadge my 2004 TDI sport, are all the badges just stuck on, or are there any holes? Anyone with some experience on this? Any tips on the easiest way to get them off?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
hair dryer and an old credit card!

no holes on my FR, just stuck on....the easier bit is getting the badges off...just need abit of elbow grease to get the sticky marks left on after...but i just used a hairdryer and some window cleaner and it came off after a while

StokeyBen

haha you beat me to it fozz, i was going to start basically the same thread. Im off to debadge mine now then with that tip :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
When de-badging the "IBIZA" badge with a credit card just watch as i managed to scratch my boot abit ,It polished out and looks fine now,so just make sure you dont rub to hard

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
When de-badging the "IBIZA" badge with a credit card just watch as i managed to scratch my boot abit ,It polished out and looks fine now,so just make sure you dont rub to hard

good call.....be carefull when your doing that...maybe put down bit of cloth...if you slip with it you could scratch the paint work!

StokeyBen

The hot water and dental floss worked a treat for me tonite
then i used a strong degreasent i suppose you would probably call it
to get the remaining sticky marks off

I wouldent have liked to try it with a card
Too thick, not nimble enough and a high risk of scrating the bodywork.

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
haha you beat me to it fozz, i was going to start basically the same thread. Im off to debadge mine now then with that tip :)

Happy days! LoL! Glad i saved you the trouble.

Yes, my beeza is a pre-facelift model, and is 5 years old now, so i was mainly worried about there being a difference in the paint colour where the stickers have been. A friend recommended that after the sticky badges have been removed that it might be a good idea to take a clay bar to the paint work, and a possible light T-Cut before hand if there is a noticable difference.

On the subject of the sticky stuff left behind after the badges come off, exactly what products does everyone deem safe to use directly on paintwork?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
depends how carefull you are.....have de-badged plenty of cars with the old credit card routine.....just take it slow and be patient....

however, will give the dental floss trick a try at some point

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I used warm water and credit card routine. Then to remove the sticky stuff I used a pencil rubber/eraser. Worked a treat!

Good Shout!

I tried some sticky stuff remover and it wasnt very good!

but then i realised if i use the hairdryer and warm the glue and then sticky stuff remover it came off super easy :)

Followed by some polish looks ace

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Good Shout!

I tried some sticky stuff remover and it wasnt very good!

but then i realised if i use the hairdryer and warm the glue and then sticky stuff remover it came off super easy :)

Followed by some polish looks ace

+1.....hairdryer is way forward....also use windowlene or similar and it comes traight off with a polishing cloth...but a eraser sounds good

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Once you have de-badged the rear, is there any way or re-attaching the badges on again. It's just mime have been stuck in the wrong place.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Better off buying new badges mate, not that expensive either.

My vRS and Fabia badge are next to the number plate instead of next to the Skoda badge. I've looked on flebay they are £10 each for genuine ones, (that's £20 for both + postage). I was wondering weather i could stick it back on with say some black rubber sealant mastic stuff to save me from buying new ones.

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
orkeepthemoff.com

LoL!

Naa, if you want them back on mate, i would save the £20 towards your next fill up at the petrol station, and just stick them back on with some sort of double sided tape as you mentioned.

Or, did i mention... you could keep them off?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.