• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

just received my boost gauge

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
just received this off ebay, quite cheap so i wasnt expecting instructions etc.

IMG_0226Medium.jpg

IMG_0227Medium-1.jpg

what do i need? obviously vac pipe and t-piece..iv heard you can get cheap tubing from b'n'q? moneys tight at the moment, so its being done on budget (as my holiday is in 3 weeks :lol:)

sizes would be appriciated too..also, with the wire..red, yellow and black..where should they go in the fuse bit? thanks adam

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Sure that's a boost gauge?
Looks like it's a thread which means oil pressure as it uses an olive.
Take a pic ogf the front of the gauge.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
sweet...got my hosing, and a T what about the wiring? yellow red and black? by the way this 1 has a button to change the colour so im guessing there has to be a cable for that?

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
sweet...got my hosing, and a T what about the wiring? yellow red and black? by the way this 1 has a button to change the colour so im guessing there has to be a cable for that?

the red will be +ve
Black -ve

Yellow Ignition Live.

I might have red and black wrong way though. :think:

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
have now plumbed it in (apart from the wiring) and need to get a pod for it..but on a lil test spin, on full boost its going to around 7/8ish (psi) and on normal driving before spool up its down as far as it will go..

is that right for a normal LC (i have a open cone but thats it)

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
spoke to the guy i got it off..

red - positive
black - negative
yellow - ignition

how do i connect the wires to the lighting section? do i just disconnect the battery first, then pull the corresponding wire out, wrap the boost gauge wire around it (ie, red, to a constant live) then plug the two back into the original slot?

J0N

Defected!
Open the driver's door, remove the fuse box cover and then unbolt the fuse box so you can get behind it. When you've done that you can easily see the back of the light switch. Push the switch assembly out from behind and then you can get to all the wires.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
cheers johny jonjon.. those guides seem good..just one thing confusing me, people keep using the term "ground" would i plug my "negative" cable in the same as people have plugged their ground into?

have found this pic on pabs guide.

http://www.seatcupra.net/images/leoncupra_guides/gauges/wireconnections.jpg (his red is his positive and the black is the ground) i think i'll probs do it this way. but where would my "ignition/yellow" cable go?

thanks, Adam

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members