Getting my PD 160 air intake and green cotton panel filter tomorow!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey guys, i just decided to bite the bullet and pay for the green panel filter and the pd 160 intake, just didnt seem to see any for sale on ebay, or here or even the skoda website briskoda. all in all its costing over £120. 40 odd quid for filter. and compined of almost £80 for intake. Guys i know a lot of you will say not worth it! And i understand what you mean lol for a bit of pipe etc. But what kina gains to people get on there remapped fr tdi's after buying these? Also is there any possibility of power loss. And this amy sound stupid but does it effect torque in anyway? Really interestedto know ay info thanks.:D

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
You wont see much gains to be honest the noice is a lot better, also you may want to smooth out some of the restrictions in the front part of the intake too see the most benefit.

Not really a possiblity of power loss, at worst possibility of damaging maf sensor but very very unlikely only on the off chance of a poorly oiled filter or something similar.

I know if you get a custom remap it would help then as it will be incorporated better into the software and the running of the car but anyway mate enjoy it. its a nice piece of kit you wont regret buying it

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Cheers mate, do you think itll give a couple of extra bhp at all? i hear the revs flow more freely and quicker? Is that the case?

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
You wont see much gains to be honest the noice is a lot better, also you may want to smooth out some of the restrictions in the front part of the intake too see the most benefit.

Not really a possiblity of power loss, at worst possibility of damaging maf sensor but very very unlikely only on the off chance of a poorly oiled filter or something similar.

I know if you get a custom remap it would help then as it will be incorporated better into the software and the running of the car but anyway mate enjoy it. its a nice piece of kit you wont regret buying it

Does anyone have pics of what you need to trim/smooth?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
there is a pd160 thread in with it, but to be honest if you apply some logic to it and remember what you are trying to achieve then its really staight forward. Its just removing restrictions

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.