Eagle F1 asymmetric wear rate

AdeG

I am considering getting some Eagle F1 asymmetric tyres for my TDI FR after seeing some great reviews.

I noticed though on a review by a Leon TDI FR driver that they only got 6000 miles out of them. Just wondered what other drivers have got out of these tyres.

By the sounds of it they are quite soft tyres giving the extra grip but with a front heavy, front wheel drive car, they are not going to be the longest lasting.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Hehe that 6k might have been me and i live in Milton Keynes ..... it's a great tyre but it's a stupidly soft compound and if you're a bit of an animal on the wheel and brakes they will NOT last. Mine were pretty much all done by 4k miles and the last 2k was careful driving before going back to Falkens. Falkens have done almost 10k of very similar driving and they're only just starting to fade off.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Fester are you sure your ones were XL and not the Chinese editions?
You seem to be the only one ripping through these and if you only have fitted one set you could have had a duff set.
Got a friend with a 360 BHP 330 ft-lbs MK2 Leon cupra and hes very throttle happy, hes getting way more than that on his first set even after two 1/4 mile drag days with the above power levels

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Fester are you sure your ones were XL and not the Chinese editions?
You seem to be the only one ripping through these and if you only have fitted one set you could have had a duff set.
Got a friend with a 360 BHP 330 ft-lbs MK2 Leon cupra and hes very throttle happy, hes getting way more than that on his first set even after two 1/4 mile drag days with the above power levels

First set i had was the original F1 and they were sticky but soft and disappeared quickly, I was then tempted back from Falkens to try the new Assymetric versions which I bought from a local tyres place, definitely not cheapo imports - i suspect it's the roundabouts here and they DO stick well, never had any complaints about grip ...... it's just the wear rate that put me off. Heavy engine, FWD, a shedload of torque and my general driving style doesn't help. Due to the way I drive I've only ever fitted XL rated tyres. Not had any 'cheap' imports as far as I know.

Last edited:

AdeG

Thanks everyone. UncleFester - I think it probably was your comment that I had read. I think I will give them a go and see what happens.

X MA7T

Nov 17, 2008
Leicester
ive had nearly 9k out of mine and i need new ones, going to try somthing different next time. No complaints, just everyone goes on about proxy tr1`s and a few others. The car came with avon zz3`s and im never going back there!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise