LCR Foot Rest

Deleted member 20376

im hoping mine will be waiting for me at home ordered it a few days ago.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
...I think the Seat Sports ones are the best though :D

Indeed, but they're not exactly what I'd call 'good value'.:blink:

If only the base/surround of the LCR's gaiter could be separated (I think it's glued), then I could fit the yummy S3 (Mk1) gearknob. (Which I've already bought. And stained its leather 'LCR black'. But I can't use it. Because I'm impatient. And I bought it & stained it, before I thoroughly investigated whether or not it would fit. Because I'm impatient. And a t*@t. [:@])

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
Just use self tapping screws into the plastic. No need to remove anything.
I only have two on mine and it's held for about two years with no issues.

DeadPedal.jpg

hi Allan i see your has no logo on as i got just a old LC thats what i want were you get that from pls m8

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Sorry, it was off a forum member who had it made a good while ago.
Can't even remember who it was :redface:

Deleted member 20376

that looks like the proper seat/vw one tho.
i went to the dealer and asked about this its around £150 for the metal pedals and foot rest.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah it was made like that. At the end of the day if someones good with metal work it's only cut to shape with a few countersunk holes in for show. Yep the R32 dead pedal is expensive. Nice though.

Deleted member 20376

my foot rest came yesterday.
good quality.
easy to fit. 2 clips to remove then it pulls out.
thew screws may need chopping off a little to fit snug.
also one of the top clips you may need to trim too.

Deleted member 20376

lol i thought that when i looked back at the pic but it does sit level with the plastic.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
What length self-tapping screws did you use? (I don't want to use screws that are too long - there maybe vital cables/pipes lurking beneath the footrest? :blink:)

I don't think there's anything underneath but they were the kind used to fix number plates. No more than 20mm long.

Deleted member 20376

there is nothing underneath apart from carpet and hard flooring under the carpet. the bolts that are supplied are find i managed to get mine on with out shortening them but it was a push lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise